Diablo clone

Has anyone seen him lately? I've been playing hell games for quite some
time now, and haven't received any soj messages.

Is he a thing of the past?

Regards,

Sushi

SushiBoy wrote:
> Has anyone seen him lately? I've been playing hell games for quite
> some time now, and haven't received any soj messages.
>
> Is he a thing of the past?

While questing we defeated him on Saturday. It was the first time we
met him actually in a non-clonehunting game. Stats: 18/18/5

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> SushiBoy wrote:
> > Has anyone seen him lately? I've been playing hell games for quite
> > some time now, and haven't received any soj messages.
> >
> > Is he a thing of the past?
>
> While questing we defeated him on Saturday. It was the first time we
> met him actually in a non-clonehunting game. Stats: 18/18/5

How exactly do you make a "clone hunting" game?

"SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Has anyone seen him lately? I've been playing hell games for quite some
> time now, and haven't received any soj messages.
>
> Is he a thing of the past?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sushi

I saw the counter on Sunday. Unfortunatly it was a normal difficulty game :/

Walt

Dave "IT" wrote:
> How exactly do you make a "clone hunting" game?

When you know an IP address of a server with a lot of Soj messages you
can create and quit games hoping to find a game on that particular
server.

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> SushiBoy wrote:
>> Has anyone seen him lately? I've been playing hell games for quite
>> some time now, and haven't received any soj messages.
>>
>> Is he a thing of the past?
>
> While questing we defeated him on Saturday. It was the first time we
> met him actually in a non-clonehunting game. Stats: 18/18/5

Congrats on the nice charm. At least I know there's still a chance for me
then. Thank you for the info.

Regards,

Sushi

How would you go about finding the IP address of that? I'm intrigued...

"Dave "IT"" <canttell@dueto.spam> wrote in message
> How would you go about finding the IP address of that? I'm intrigued...
>
> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
>> Dave "IT" wrote:
>> > How exactly do you make a "clone hunting" game?
>>
>> When you know an IP address of a server with a lot of Soj messages you
>> can create and quit games hoping to find a game on that particular
>> server.

In windows XP. You can go to "start"..then accessories. Look for "command
prompt". Once that box pops up...type in: netstat

Look for the IP address that ends with "??.???.??.??:4000 established".

This should be the IP address of the server you are currently connected to.
You just have to find one in hell game that has the same digits. Basically
you'll be looking for the final 2 or 3 digits to match.

However exiting and re-entering battlenet until you find this same address
is tidious and will probably get your IP banned as well. Which means you'll
be unable to connect for anywhere from 15 mins up to and hour.

At least...this is how I've done it in the past.

Regards,

Sushi

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:32:06 GMT, "SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Which means you'll
>be unable to connect for anywhere from 15 mins up to and hour.

I've gotten IP blocks for up to two days.

"Jack Hollis" <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:32:06 GMT, "SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Which means you'll
>>be unable to connect for anywhere from 15 mins up to and hour.
>
> I've gotten IP blocks for up to two days.

Two days? I have absolutely no idea why battlenet would ban your IP for 2
days. That's quite a long time.

Regards,

Sushi

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:41:38 GMT, "SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Jack Hollis" <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:32:06 GMT, "SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Which means you'll
>>>be unable to connect for anywhere from 15 mins up to and hour.
>>
>> I've gotten IP blocks for up to two days.
>

>Two days? I have absolutely no idea why battlenet would ban your IP for 2
>days. That's quite a long time.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sushi

I've asked them the same question a number of times. I'm sure that no
one around here would be surprised that I get a form letter in
response.

Last night, I was playing in a few public games and logged off at the
end of the night and today, when I tried to log on, I'm blocked. It's
now over 24 hours and I know from experience that I won't be able to
get back on until tomorrow night a full 48 hours after I logged off.

For some reason unknown to me, BNet has me on some serious offender
list.

I know it an IP block because I can get on to US West, where I've been
playing an untwinked Necro. Actually, I never had a West account
before so I have no choice as far as untwinked is concerned.

> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:41:38 GMT, "SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Jack Hollis" <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> I've gotten IP blocks for up to two days.
>>

>>Two days? I have absolutely no idea why battlenet would ban your IP for 2
>>days. That's quite a long time.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Sushi
>
> I've asked them the same question a number of times. I'm sure that no
> one around here would be surprised that I get a form letter in
> response.
>
> Last night, I was playing in a few public games and logged off at the
> end of the night and today, when I tried to log on, I'm blocked. It's
> now over 24 hours and I know from experience that I won't be able to
> get back on until tomorrow night a full 48 hours after I logged off.
>
> For some reason unknown to me, BNet has me on some serious offender
> list.
>
> I know it an IP block because I can get on to US West, where I've been
> playing an untwinked Necro. Actually, I never had a West account
> before so I have no choice as far as untwinked is concerned.

Do you play HC ladder? I'm on west. So....you may not have to be that
untwinked if you don't want to be. Let me know...I'd be happy to help out
any way I can.

Regards,

Sushi

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:11:17 GMT, "SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> I know it an IP block because I can get on to US West, where I've been
>> playing an untwinked Necro. Actually, I never had a West account
>> before so I have no choice as far as untwinked is concerned.
>>

>Do you play HC ladder? I'm on west. So....you may not have to be that
>untwinked if you don't want to be. Let me know...I'd be happy to help out
>any way I can.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sushi

Thanks for the offer, but I've been having fun playing untwinked.
I've actually rediscover a lot of things that I haven't done in years.
I'm also playing SC Ladder because I'm afraid that I might have more
lag problems on West considering I'm in the East. I'm playing the
character like he's hard core but if he dies due to obvious lag, I'll
keep playing him. I only play solo games so I don't have to worry
about PKers.

In any case, perhaps someone could give me some advice. I'm
considering buying one of the online privacy programs that changes
your IP address. It's only $20 and it would be worth it if I could
eliminate these constant 2 day IP blocks. Obviously my IP address is
singled out for severe penalties. The must think I'm running bots or
something.

I run D2 on a wireless networked computer. The hub is in my house and
my office is over the garage. I was checking today and found out my
IP address and I went to the TCP/IP Game setup, which displays your IP
Address and the numbers weren't the same. Why should that be so?

In any case, I know there are some people around here who know a lot
more about these things than I (that wouldn't be hard) and if anyone
knows if an IP Address changer would work, I would appreciate it.

On that special day, Jack Hollis, (xsleeper@aol.com) said...

> I run D2 on a wireless networked computer. The hub is in my house and
> my office is over the garage.

Did you set the connection up with a VPN (virtual private network)? If
not, another person might use your internet access, too; and if this
fictional person was rude enough, this would explain the bans.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Missed the original posting, but does the wireless connection "pop in
and out a lot"? If so that may be triggering "an anti-hack response"
from the bliz servers.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:15:47 -0600, Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Missed the original posting, but does the wireless connection "pop in
>and out a lot"? If so that may be triggering "an anti-hack response"
>from the bliz servers.

That could be it. Or Optonline doing the same thing because there are
times when my network seems to be working but i Can't get on line.

Perhaps it's a bit of both.

im playing on uswest sc so if you want a hand or some one to play with im
glad to help im allways looking for another team player
and im in austrilia and the lag is not to bad at all
> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:15:47 -0600, Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Missed the original posting, but does the wireless connection "pop in
> >and out a lot"? If so that may be triggering "an anti-hack response"
> >from the bliz servers.
>

> That could be it. Or Optonline doing the same thing because there are
> times when my network seems to be working but i Can't get on line.
>
> Perhaps it's a bit of both.

Likewise. Also i live around the corner from Custard. LoL!

Aussies Rock! Co-Op Players Rock!

Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.