Diablo III 1.0.3 Patch is Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Repair cost for not dying has been a source of forum QQ. For me hitting a breakable object like a barrel cost me 62G per hit....lol! None death related repair costs are ridiculous!

noobzilla771

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Alpha phase has officially ended with this patch. D3 will now proceed to beta testing. Notable changes needing testing:

High level item repair cost 6-10x more expensive
Mini bosses are now harder and drops are worse
Some Inferno bosses now has rage buff if you don't kill them immediately, made worse by IAS nerf

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
The list above sounds pretty reasonable... but the online buzz is that this update is a disaster - could be just the whiners whining but the volume of noise is pretty high.

soupy72

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Major framerate drops even worse with this update. Hundreds if not thousands of people with similar problems with top-end rigs. 100fps to 5fps frequently, totally unplayable. Still.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Here is what they did to my DH. I was farming act 1 and almost finished actII (Inferno):

* Lowered attack speed drastically
* Increased my Disipline use dramatically
* Nerfed my tenticles
* Drastically lowered my attack power
* Etc...

So now I cant even farm act I. What this patch was in truth was an adjustment in many class's to make the need to use the auction house with real money. Diablo III is designed as the most ridiculous money making adventure I've ever seen (and I thought the silly Facebook games were bad).

Noticed patch 1.0.3 killed my FPS counter in D3. Now it shows 0FPS, even though the game is playable.
(Cat 12.4)

As for the repair costs - ridiculous! Not dieing in A1 cost me 17k in repair bills and I made about 1k in gold after selling all my junk items (in 1 instance).

Since i've been forced to play below A2 inferno even before the change - it's almost pointless farming for gold/loot in A1 now due to the repair costs. I may just switch to hell /A4 to do decent farming.

I understand why the changes were made - but now I will probably have to farm much longer to buy decent gear in the AH - since I rarely ever get good drops for my wiz. It's also disgusting that items I actually need to continue on now cost a minnimum of 500k in the AH. If I spend anything less, it would only be a marginal upgrade for me which is not good.

One more thing - I find it nearly impossible now to sell my items on the AH. I try to sell them for dirt cheap (not the best of items, but fairly decent rares for a good/fair price) - even then no one is biting. It was different when D3 first came out, I would at least sell 2-3 items a day, but now its down to probably 1 item/ week.

I know i'm not the greatest D3 player, and i'm still trying to figure out the best combo of skills, but come on, give me a break!

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]Chainzsaw[/nom]Noticed patch 1.0.3 killed my FPS counter in D3. Now it shows 0FPS, even though the game is playable.(Cat 12.4)As for the repair costs - ridiculous! Not dieing in A1 cost me 17k in repair bills and I made about 1k in gold after selling all my junk items (in 1 instance).Since i've been forced to play below A2 inferno even before the change - it's almost pointless farming for gold/loot in A1 now due to the repair costs. I may just switch to hell /A4 to do decent farming.I understand why the changes were made - but now I will probably have to farm much longer to buy decent gear in the AH - since I rarely ever get good drops for my wiz. It's also disgusting that items I actually need to continue on now cost a minnimum of 500k in the AH. If I spend anything less, it would only be a marginal upgrade for me which is not good.One more thing - I find it nearly impossible now to sell my items on the AH. I try to sell them for dirt cheap (not the best of items, but fairly decent rares for a good/fair price) - even then no one is biting. It was different when D3 first came out, I would at least sell 2-3 items a day, but now its down to probably 1 item/ week.I know i'm not the greatest D3 player, and i'm still trying to figure out the best combo of skills, but come on, give me a break![/citation]

I can't speak for the RMAH, but I found that the lower I priced my items, the less likely it was to sell. When I over-inflate the cost of something, someone would end up buying it.

- Catherine Cai

I can't speak for the RMAH, but I found that the lower I priced my items, the less likely it was to sell. When I over-inflate the cost of something, someone would end up buying it.

I was actually starting to think that - maybe i've been pricing things too low.

Down with the repair costs! /end rant :)

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
One more fix. The had previously forced players to auto join the General Channel. No problem, I would just leave once I was in. Now!, you get an error message and can't leave.

Blizzard: Woohoo. Players leaving General chat. Fixed!

buddhabelly34

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
[citation][nom]tleavit[/nom]Here is what they did to my DH. I was farming act 1 and almost finished actII (Inferno):* Lowered attack speed drastically* Increased my Disipline use dramatically* Nerfed my tenticles* Drastically lowered my attack power* Etc...So now I cant even farm act I. What this patch was in truth was an adjustment in many class's to make the need to use the auction house with real money. Diablo III is designed as the most ridiculous money making adventure I've ever seen (and I thought the silly Facebook games were bad).[/citation]
that's why i got a refund. im just glad i noticed it by act 4 hell

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]People wonder why some others get consoles[/citation]
Not sure about that one, I hear bad things from that front too.

G

LOL wait till more EVIL patches come ;D On left u got donkey and the right is the elephant. In middle
above the two sheep's sitting on it's throne $$$Bliz$$$

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Reduced Damager Per Second, people are tripping out about it. I went from 2000dps to 1400dps. I went to get a beer, read some forums to find that the game has been slightly rebalanced and that includes weaker monsters. Oh well. :)

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
that thread i posted is quite the entertainer... you have blizzard quoted and directly contradicting itself... blizzard encouraging people to spend tremendous sums of real world cash on high end virtual items... blizzard then nerfing said items into the ground... and blizzard altering the game with no apparent reason other than to force players to spend real world money on virtual items in order to progress... and lastly, blizzard telling players to L2P

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]Read the rage here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/t [...] 839?page=1this patch was a patch designed exclusively to get players to spend real world money on in-game items... nothing more, nothing less.[/citation]
That thread is pure fan rage and conspiracy theories. Not to mention that people there, in South Park style, equate class ability nerfs to Blizzard wanting to make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.