Diablo III Director ''Very Sorry'' About Facebook Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"I want to make it clear that I am very sorry for what I said"

Never say you are sorry. It's a sign of weakness :)
[Jethro Gibbs]

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"I want to make it clear that I am very sorry for what I said"Never say you are sorry. It's a sign of weakness :)[Jethro Gibbs][/citation]

He said he was sorry, but not that he didn't mean what he said

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Wow really? I wonder if he would have said this if the comment didn't get the publicity instead. I BET NOT. You are still a fa**ot, Jay Wilson for gaying Diablo Franchise up.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I am starting to think he knows the game is one major flop.

Maybe he has started to realize the simple fact that if he wants to continue to work in the gaming industry out side of blizzard he has to turn it around.

As it currently stands if he left Blizzard or was terminated today. I dont see another game company going with in 10miles of him.

He keeps digging his own hole deeper and deeper at this point instead of lashing out at everyone in the gaming community.

He needs to start sucking up and kissing butt.

G

I think his apology is genuine. If I was the director of a project, especially one that took many years to complete, there would have to be some passion to keep the fire strong. While I agree with the criticisms of Dave about the game, I can appreciate the amount of work put into it. Even if the direction was not the one most would have liked to see it take, I would stand up for my team all the same. That is what being a leader is all about. At the same time, it is also about apologizing for your actions if the way you present yourself is less than dignified. This is the way he should have responded to Dave's criticism in the first place. It is, after all, their game now and while it does not live up to the standards of the original, there was a good deal of effort put into it and that should not be overlooked.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]Never regret what you did because that's what you wanted to do at some point.[/citation]
Never regret accidentally stepping into horse shit. Makes perfect sense.

sten_gn

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
This game suck, i have finished playing starter and it is disappointing. It is painfully simplified although there are some good ideas but unfortunately 80 % of game sucks.
First time i played an 1,5 hour, next time only 0,5 hour and yesterday less than 0,5 hour ...
This game felt like spooky Disney cartoon.
I will not waste 60$ to find out more ...

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Actually he showed a sign of weakness when he cursed. XDA friend of mine says: "Only weak people curse." I have never heard him cursing ever.[/citation]
You have friends??

uz13l

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
In his drawn out apology, Jay mentions the Paragon system. I'm confused with what they are hoping to accomplish.. tell me if I'm missing something. It appears to me that they have a level 60 cap.. but let you continue to level with 'Paragon', gaining stats and mf as you go. So why not up the real level cap? If you are gaining stats with paragon, why separate it into a different system? Someone who is 60reg and 100par will be more powerful than someone who is just 60reg. It seems pointless to me.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i love how the thing is worded.

As many of you probably know, I recently made a comment on Facebook about Dave Brevik. I want to make it clear that I am very sorry for what I said,
never said he didnt mean it, just that he said it.

I have higher expectations for myself than to express my feelings in such a rash way and disrespect a fellow developer like Dave, someone who deserves to be treated with greater respect.

lets examine that closer.

express my feelings

well there you have it...

---------------------

all things considered, how much money did diablo 3 take to develope? lets leave the rma out of this, as i think that took a significant portion of that time.

because if this was a 50 million + $ game than there is no excuse for how it is now. look at titan quest, that is the benchmark for loot games right now (well most well known)

and look at toruchlight, granted i hate the end game for that game, and new game + but that game is really good if you disreguard that.

and on the consoles, champions return to arms, and legends of norath, those two games just show how much life these genres can give even at the bare minimum difficulties.

festa_freak

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
i regret purchasing DIII. Every bone in my body was begging me not to. I think I got about 20 hours of fun gameplay out of it. Definitely not worth the price tag. For me it should have been $10.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I vote we strap him to a chair and make him play D3 for 4 hours a day for the next month while being unable to use the RMAH and on a shoddy back water internet connection that drops randomly once every 20 mins.

Watch D3 get fixed in a hurry.

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
The sole reason they made d3 was for the AH, they didn't care about us, not one Iota, the fact that d2 was a better game and is 10 years older speaks for itself.

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
They refuse to put the actual work it takes to make a good game, they inflate the costs, people get fat and are eating more nachos then coding, its ridic....their not hungry their fat......we need hungry programmer and artists, not ones that are lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.