[DiabloRL] Just awesome

Dumbo

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
8
0
18,510
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Just wanted to say that I just love playing this. I read somewhere that
development might continue if enough interest is shown. Please put me down
for a YES on getting this one finished. I'm very impressed at what was
created in on 7 Days.

Please, Please finish this game! What is it going to take?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

"Dumbo" <dumboHATESPAM@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
news:Uc73e.663$a55.275@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Just wanted to say that I just love playing this. I read somewhere that
> development might continue if enough interest is shown. Please put me
> down
> for a YES on getting this one finished. I'm very impressed at what was
> created in on 7 Days.
>
> Please, Please finish this game! What is it going to take?
>
>

A bulky dude at Kornel's door?
Or perhaps just neo would suffice. Go neo! Troll Kornel until he gives
in!

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-
W:AF Q+++ AI++ GFX++ SFX-- RN++++ PO--- !Hp Re-- S+
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

I'm also going to put my vote on this being an absolutely awesome seven
day. I lost my original copy of Diablo a year ago, and this really
brought me back. I especially like the mana and health globes from the
game.

Just a random question about quests. If you continue development (which
I sincerely hope you do) will all the quests be available or will there
still be the mutually exclusive ones (aka you could only do the poison
well quest or the skeleton king)?
Also, where's Wirt?

Well back to finding the butcher.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Dumbo wrote:
> Just wanted to say that I just love playing this.

:-D

> I read somewhere
> that development might continue if enough interest is shown.

True. Although I get shredded now by the various different things I want to
do...

> Please
> put me down for a YES on getting this one finished.

3 more to go ;-)

> I'm very impressed at what was created in on 7 Days.

So am I :-D.

> Please, Please finish this game! What is it going to take?

I'd say a month off university, a crate of coffeine, and a few cheerleaders
:-D
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
"From what I've read, a lot of people believe that GenRogue
exists and will be released some day" -- Arxenia Xentrophore
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Glen Wheeler wrote:
> "Dumbo" <dumboHATESPAM@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:Uc73e.663$a55.275@twister.socal.rr.com...
>> Just wanted to say that I just love playing this. I read somewhere
>> that development might continue if enough interest is shown. Please
>> put me down
>> for a YES on getting this one finished. I'm very impressed at what
>> was created in on 7 Days.
>>
>> Please, Please finish this game! What is it going to take?
>>
> A bulky dude at Kornel's door?

Should I be afraid? ;-)

> Or perhaps just neo would suffice. Go neo! Troll Kornel until he
> gives in!

Nah, I'm on good terms with neo, that wont work ;-).
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
"Come on, Kornel. 11 years and no binary? And it's not
vapourware?" -- Mike Blackney
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Uzytkownik wrote:
> I'm also going to put my vote on this being an absolutely awesome
> seven day. I lost my original copy of Diablo a year ago, and this
> really brought me back. I especially like the mana and health globes
> from the game.

Everyone seems to like them :-D

> Just a random question about quests. If you continue development
> (which I sincerely hope you do) will all the quests be available or
> will there still be the mutually exclusive ones (aka you could only
> do the poison well quest or the skeleton king)?

Probably yes. For sure there will be a limit of one quest per level. Also
I'd plan to add the quests that didn't make it into the game.

> Also, where's Wirt?

There was no point in him in this demo (Pre-release demo of Diablo also
didn't feature him).

> Well back to finding the butcher.

Good luck ;-). And remember that there is a bug with the butcher -- when the
game "hangs" during fighting him, just press Enter ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
"From what I've read, a lot of people believe that GenRogue
exists and will be released some day" -- Arxenia Xentrophore
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

I want to add my vote as well to get continued development. I only
played it for a short while but I really enjoyed it. After seeing your
DoomRL I had toyed around with the idea of throwing together a quick
DiabloRL but you beat me to it and you're probably more capable than I
am anyway. Good work on what you have so far and I hope you continue
it!
 

Dumbo

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
8
0
18,510
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

"gunder" <antigunder@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112655381.550843.86110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I want to add my vote as well to get continued development. I only
> played it for a short while but I really enjoyed it. After seeing your
> DoomRL I had toyed around with the idea of throwing together a quick
> DiabloRL but you beat me to it and you're probably more capable than I
> am anyway. Good work on what you have so far and I hope you continue
> it!
>

That's two more votes to get this game done. We only need 1 more :)-
Come on people show your support!!!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Dumbo wrote:
> That's two more votes to get this game done. We only need 1 more :)-
> Come on people show your support!!!
>
>

You get 2 more votes from me and my father :). He's old so he dosn't
know how to read newsgroups but he's a veteran in playing Diablo. It's
the only game he played for now about 10 years (or since it was
released) and DiabloRL was the first RL he ever played !
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

"Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote:
>"Dumbo" <dumboHATESPAM@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>news:Uc73e.663$a55.275@twister.socal.rr.com...
>> Just wanted to say that I just love playing this. I read somewhere that
>> development might continue if enough interest is shown. Please put me
>> down
>> for a YES on getting this one finished. I'm very impressed at what was
>> created in on 7 Days.
>>
>> Please, Please finish this game! What is it going to take?
>
> A bulky dude at Kornel's door?

I had no idea he swung that way.

> Or perhaps just neo would suffice. Go neo! Troll Kornel until he gives
>in!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Tino schmedemann wrote:
> Dumbo wrote:
>> That's two more votes to get this game done. We only need 1 more :)-
>> Come on people show your support!!!
>
> You get 2 more votes from me and my father :). He's old so he dosn't
> know how to read newsgroups but he's a veteran in playing Diablo. It's
> the only game he played for now about 10 years (or since it was
> released) and DiabloRL was the first RL he ever played !

Oh my! Seems as I'm Doomed to do another version of DiabloRL ;-).
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
"Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and
restart body."