[SOLVED] Diagnosing a stuck BSOD

DJQuad

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016
Hey all, I have a Dell XPS with a GTX 1060 6B and periodically while playing games I get a BSOD ENEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. The problem is it freezes at 0% while gathering info (I have to manually reset the PC) so I’m not sure how I can further diagnose this. The GPU isn’t getting taxed that hard, under 30% - View: https://imgur.com/a/iF1ygib

This has been ongoing pretty much from the beginning and Dell has been absolutely useless in fixing this, in fact I had to extend the warranty because they didn’t figure out with the original one and I’m not giving them another dime. Everything has been tried – multiple Windows installs, replacing everything from the MB to the SSD to the GPU. I’ve even added more RAM.

View: https://imgur.com/AGwZLmm

I can of course provide more technical info if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Some things to try:

It may be a driver related issue. If created, posting dumps might help others to assist you.
Manually confirming your hardware (chipsets, etc)) and finding the latest drivers may be in order.

Disable the hibernation system

Disable all fast startup and fast boot options

Disable the File History option

Delete temporary files on a regular basis.

Use high performance power plan

Some antivirus programs may cause this.

A BIOS change (flashing your BIOS always comes with certain risks of course)

Dell XPS is a generic term and covers a variety of laptops and desktops. Identifying your specific hardware might also help others to assist you (for instance, if your system ,uses a USB card reader driver, this may...
Some things to try:

It may be a driver related issue. If created, posting dumps might help others to assist you.
Manually confirming your hardware (chipsets, etc)) and finding the latest drivers may be in order.

Disable the hibernation system

Disable all fast startup and fast boot options

Disable the File History option

Delete temporary files on a regular basis.

Use high performance power plan

Some antivirus programs may cause this.

A BIOS change (flashing your BIOS always comes with certain risks of course)

Dell XPS is a generic term and covers a variety of laptops and desktops. Identifying your specific hardware might also help others to assist you (for instance, if your system ,uses a USB card reader driver, this may need to be uninstalled and disabled from reinstalling.

Solution