Diagnosing my Graphics Card issue

Legend207

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Hello.
My Asus HD 7770 is having an issue. I know it is an old card but I cant get a new one until next year so i have to move on till then with this. But I am having a strange issue with it.
A while back I was starting up gta 5. After the game launched, the screen went black and remained like that. I was able to play it many times before this incident. So i rebooted my pc, i arrived at desktop but after 10-15 seconds,the screen went blank and the pc fan started spinning really loud.
Now i cant get any output from my graphics card. Am getting the same issue..black screen and loud fan noise.
But the pc is working with the onboard graphics.
My power supply is a Corsair VS350 and i have been using this pc for over 2 years.
Is my graphics card dead?I cannot currently check with another power supply as of now so if anyone can identify it i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanx.

Solution
1st: Check your connections (psu, gpu, motherboard, etc).
2nd: If you have ANY other gpu, test if it works (could be a dead PCI lane), or even test another pci lane if you have more than one.
3rd: try to run the PC on safe mode (could be a driver issue, try reinstalling).
4th: try a different monitor/tv.
1st: Check your connections (psu, gpu, motherboard, etc).
2nd: If you have ANY other gpu, test if it works (could be a dead PCI lane), or even test another pci lane if you have more than one.
3rd: try to run the PC on safe mode (could be a driver issue, try reinstalling).
4th: try a different monitor/tv.

Solution

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

That says it all. These are great suggestions.

Legend207

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016

Thank you so much. I will check those out and report back.