Diagnostic Utility Error Codes

Brian_970

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Using the Dell diagnostic utility extended test, I received the following error codes:

655E:021F Device was found during initialization. The device is no longer responding. I think this is because my printer was turned off.

SATA DISK Read test

650F:0244 Msg Block 50009638: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected

650F:0244 Msg Block 143455127: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected

Verify Test

650F:1A44 Msg Block 50009638: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected

650F:1A44 Msg Block 143455127: Uncorrectable data or media is write protected

Are these something I should be concerned over or is it normal for these codes to be generated.My computer is a Dimension E510/ 80GB Hard drive. Thanks

Solution
If the computer is running fine, just continue to use it. Remember to perform frequent backups to an external disk.

In the event the hard disk in the computer is failing, you will begin to hear intermittent 'clicking' sounds. Then it is time to save all your data and kiss the drive goodbye.

The backups are what is going to save you from catastrophic failure of the hard disk.
If the computer is running fine, just continue to use it. Remember to perform frequent backups to an external disk.

In the event the hard disk in the computer is failing, you will begin to hear intermittent 'clicking' sounds. Then it is time to save all your data and kiss the drive goodbye.

The backups are what is going to save you from catastrophic failure of the hard disk.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS