Dial-in connection blocked since SP2

We had a system where one of our users dialled directly into one of our
systems to access a web-mased email facility.
Since upgrading to SP2 the user can dial in okay but cannot access the
machine they are dialling into (ping, webmail, nothing). As soon as we
disable the Windows Firewall, they get in fine. We've already set up
exceptions for other requirements but cannot find any mention on the Web of
the port or program used by the incoming dial-up connection to exclude this
also.

--
Rascom I.T. Limited
www.rascom-it.co.uk

Is the web based mail running on the PC you dial into? You may need to allow
TCP Port 80 traffic inbound in the exceptions list...

"Robert Stokes" wrote:

> We had a system where one of our users dialled directly into one of our
> systems to access a web-mased email facility.
> Since upgrading to SP2 the user can dial in okay but cannot access the
> machine they are dialling into (ping, webmail, nothing). As soon as we
> disable the Windows Firewall, they get in fine. We've already set up
> exceptions for other requirements but cannot find any mention on the Web of
> the port or program used by the incoming dial-up connection to exclude this
> also.
>
> --
> Rascom I.T. Limited
> www.rascom-it.co.uk

Thanks Al,

I'll give that a try a get back if still problems.