Diamond Announces Low-Profile HD 7750 With Eyefinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Add another $30-100 for an active DP adapter if you don't have a monitor that supports DP input.

It would be nice if eyefinity was actually useable out of the box for individuals without DP monitors. Also, the GTX 650 already supports 3 monitors out of the box so this is just a higher cost AMD alternative.

ZOTAC ZT-61008-10M GeForce GTX 650

HIS, Sapphire and Powercolor have had LP versions of the HD7750 out for some time now, and they're cheaper. And, this one's a Diamond. Move along folks, you've all seen fail sauce before...

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]Add another $30-100 for an active DP adapter if you don't have a monitor that supports DP input. It would be nice if eyefinity was actually useable out of the box for individuals without DP monitors. Also, the GTX 650 already supports 3 monitors out of the box so this is just a higher cost AMD alternative. ZOTAC ZT-61008-10M GeForce GTX 650[/citation]

That is a 2 slot card. Look at the side angle and you'll see the fan way up. At that point you just get a true 2 slot card.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]Add another $30-100 for an active DP adapter if you don't have a monitor that supports DP input......[/citation] Or add $6.20 for Mini DP to HDMI cable from Amazon...

Video card vendors need to either stop using display port, or use nothing but display port. It's been over 5 years since this was released and virtually no monitor manufacturers support DP.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]Also, the GTX 650 already supports 3 monitors out of the box so this is just a higher cost AMD alternative./citation]

The flex 6450 supporting 3 monitors ($58) (DVI,VGA,HDMI) has been out since jan 2012. Not as powerful as the 7750 in any regard but "if eyefinity was actually usable out of the box for individuals without DP" sorry to let you know it was addressed over a year ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102960

Nevertheless, I'm sure you understand eyefinity is a premium gaming option. A decent 3 monitor setup will cost >$1,000. How or why would you expect the technology to be designed or marketed in the sub $200 card market.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]Add another $30-100 for an active DP adapter if you don't have a monitor that supports DP input. It would be nice if eyefinity was actually useable out of the box for individuals without DP monitors. [/citation]

Sorry just had to do another search because I thought your post was so ignorant and this site is about informing people on buying options.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/media/?psn=0004&articleID=5088

The

slomo4sho

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]That is a 2 slot card. Look at the side angle and you'll see the fan way up. At that point you just get a true 2 slot card.[/citation]
This model does appear to occupy two slots as well. Also the also supports up to 4 screens if you really need a compact card... [citation][nom]bjaminnyc[/nom]Sorry just had to do another search because I thought your post was so ignorant and this site is about informing people on buying options.http://www.sapphiretech.com/presen [...] cleID=5088The[/citation]
You call me ignorant and then link the Sapphire FLEX series which are available in the 6450, 7950, or 7870 and demand a premium compared to similar models from Sapphire? You clearly are not paying a premium for a built in DP to DVI converter that was incorporated into this lineup by Sapphire.

How about you get your facts straight?

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Or add $6.20 for Mini DP to HDMI cable from Amazon...Video card vendors need to either stop using display port, or use nothing but display port. It's been over 5 years since this was released and virtually no monitor manufacturers support DP.[/citation]

Requires an ACTIVE adapter

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Requires an ACTIVE adapter

Before voting me down because I have a different point of view, do a little research. Only the Radeon 5xxx series required active adapters.

AMD has publicly acknowledged that Passive Adapters can and do work for Eyefinity, hence the list of Passive adapters officially supported by AMD are actually greater in number than the lsit of Active adapters.

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

Adapts: Mini DisplayPort™ To: HDMI (Passive Adapters) huge list follows
Adapts: Mini DisplayPort™ To: HDMI (Active Adapter) (Coming Soon) ZERO supported active adapters

slomo4sho

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Before voting me down because I have a different point of view, do a little research. Only the Radeon 5xxx series required active adapters.AMD has publicly acknowledged that Passive Adapters can and do work for Eyefinity, hence the list of Passive adapters officially supported by AMD are actually greater in number than the lsit of Active adapters.http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinit [...] ngles.aspxAdapts: Mini DisplayPort™ To: HDMI (Passive Adapters) huge list followsAdapts: Mini DisplayPort™ To: HDMI (Active Adapter) (Coming Soon) ZERO supported active adapters[/citation]

Maybe you should have a look through the FAQ that is listed on that page or the link I provided?

A passive adapter is the most basic type of adapter that can purchased. A passive DisplayPort adapter merely allows the GPU to communicate with a “language” that can be understood by the attached monitor, which has a differing connector.

As an example, using a passive adapter to connect a DVI monitor to a GPU’s DisplayPort connection will essentially cause that DisplayPort output to communicate with the “language” of DVI. As far as the GPU is concerned, it does not have a DisplayPort monitor connected, and therefore cannot leverage the benefits that DisplayPort enables (e.g. AMD Eyefinity technology).

In contrast, active adapters will actively translate the DVI signal coming from the monitor into a native DisplayPort signal for the GPU (and vice versa). A native DisplayPort signal is required for AMD Eyefinity because DisplayPort signals can be synchronized by the GPU to keep all of your monitors moving in concert.

This DisplayPort signal can also be synchronized with DVI and HDMI signals, but only two of these signals may be utilized on an AMD Radeon™ GPU. This is why AMD Eyefinity technology requires a native DisplayPort signal for the third (or higher) monitor.

In case you can't read between the lines.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
You also notice how all of your quotes specifically state "Display port to DVI" there is a reason for this...

Let me quote the manufacturer. "AMD ecosystem partners who have tested their adapters and confirmed compatibility with AMD Eyefinity technology." You are telling me they added all of these devices to their supported Eyefinity list because they don't work? I guess you know better than AMD how an AMD card works.

My crossfire 6970's with 2x startec passive mini dp to vga adapters, two dvi and one hdmi to dvi actually doesn't turn on the 5 monitors I have connected to them with Eyefinity. I guess you know better than me.

You must also know better than the moderators and communities of
HardOCP
Toms Hardware and
Anandtech

List of supported PASSIVE adapters from AMD's Eyefinity site.

Accell B087B-001B N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Accell B087B-001B-3 N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Bizlink KS10009-131 N/A 1920x1200
Hosiden TYX1602-010407 N/A 1920x1200
Wieson G9857C219-004 N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Wieson G9857C219-012 N/A 1920x1200
Accell B086B-001B N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Astron 97-012602-H N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Bizlink KS10006-131 N/A 1920x1200
Wieson G8247C219-002H N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Accell B087B-004B N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Astron 3411020-057-H N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Bizlink KS30009-A31 N/A 1920x1200
Compupack 1030A088-001 N/A 1920x1200
Compupack 1030A088-001-H N/A 1920x1200
Hosiden HVE0532-021 N/A 1920x1200
Accell B086B-002B N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Astron 3411020-058-H N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now
Bizlink KS30006-131 N/A 1920x1200
Compupack 1030A088-002-H N/A 1920x1200
Wieson G9858C219-003-H N/A 1920x1200 Buy Now

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Onus[/nom]Peace. Please.[/citation]

Sorry but I refuse to let bad information continue to be distributed. Slomo4sho can agree to disagree with me, and he is more than welcome to pay $300 for his adapters. I will stick to buying mine for $6.

Strait from the creator of Eyefinity to this page - Carrell Killebrew
"we punted and declined to specify scenarios that could use VGA. There are "opportunities" to experiment and discover what does and doesn't work."

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]TYou call me ignorant and then link the Sapphire FLEX series which are available in the 6450, 7950, or 7870 and demand a premium compared to similar models from Sapphire? You clearly are not paying a premium for a built in DP to DVI converter that was incorporated into this lineup by Sapphire. How about you get your facts straight? [/citation]

Get your facts strait - here's a link to the 7790 you neglected to mention in your ill-informed rant - Get your facts strait.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/2013/03/sapphire-hd-7790-1gb-graphics-card-filling-gap-mainstream-performance/#.UVZHexzvvRE

Marked up a full $10 over similar models. Whew that's WAY WAY too much for an extra feature. What does AMD think, people are made of money?

We like to leave posts open for active discussions but if that can't take place then we can and will close threads that become abusive. Everybody has their own opinion of what things should do and cost but debates should be civil and productive, let's keep it that way and I'll let this thread continue.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bjaminnyc[/nom]Get your facts strait - here's a link to the 7790 you neglected to mention in your ill-informed rant - Get your facts strait.http://www.bjorn3d.com/2013/03/sap [...] VZHexzvvREMarked up a full $10 over similar models. Whew that's WAY WAY too much for an extra feature. What does AMD think, people are made of money?[/citation]

You mean a card that isn't even on the market yet? I'll wait for the card to release and card prices to normalize before I judge if this card is worthwhile and truly only $10 more (Flex cards have thus far trended to stay above market value compared to other similar cards). Also, in case you forgot, FLEX is a Sapphire innovation for a target population looking for an alternative to the expensive adapters and not something available in reference AMD cards.

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Sorry but I refuse to let bad information continue to be distributed. Slomo4sho can agree to disagree with me, and he is more than welcome to pay $300 for his adapters. I will stick to buying mine for $6.Strait from the creator of Eyefinity to this page - Carrell Killebrew"we punted and declined to specify scenarios that could use VGA. There are "opportunities" to experiment and discover what does and doesn't work."[/citation]

Actually, an active DP to VGA adapter is the cheapest option for a eyefinity rig. I use one myself. The only thing your links proves is that AMD supports DP to VGA for eyefinity. Since DP to VGA is digital to analog conversion, most DP to VGA adapters are self-powered and actively convert the signal so the DP is active.

The mentioned in the toms forum thread is an active adapter even thought the product details don't mention it but you can see by the power requirements that it is active. I would link other products to prove my point but none of the other links currently link to an active product page. You are welcome to go through the passive adapters list on the AMD site and check the reviews if you need more details. For any setup above 2 monitors, an active DP is a requirement for eyefinity and the other two channels can be DVI, VGA, or HDMI or any combination of these 3. If your card only has 1 DVI connection, a HDMI connection and a few DVI ports, you can use an active DP adapter and a passive DP adapter to run a configuration with three monitors using DVI but one of the two DP to DVI adapters need to be active.

The manufacture of these passive adapters specify that they wont work with eyefinity, I am sure you can find reviews to confirm this:

Also, you will see that all the VGA adapters listed on that list are active adapters.

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]My crossfire 6970's with 2x startec passive mini dp to vga adapters, two dvi and one hdmi to dvi actually doesn't turn on the 5 monitors I have connected to them with Eyefinity. [/citation]

Not that it matters, can you tell me which Startech VGA adapter you are using? You are using two Startech MDP to VGA adapters that actively convert the signal and are to ignorant to realize it. Don't take my word for it, check for yourself, every Startech DP to VGA adapter is active:

slomo4sho

Distinguished
[citation][nom]inzone[/nom]We like to leave posts open for active discussions but if that can't take place then we can and will close threads that become abusive. Everybody has their own opinion of what things should do and cost but debates should be civil and productive, let's keep it that way and I'll let this thread continue.[/citation]

I take it there is a reason why I am not able to include hyperlinks at this time...

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Honestly.... are they really making and selling this insult to eyefinity? What "normal" video card these days does not come with 2 dual link dvi ports on it? I think this became standard on the HD 4800 series?

When I am looking for "eyefinity" I am looking to connect all 6 of my dell 2408WFP's via display port via 1 video card.

What actually makes this even funnier is that when you look for "eyefinity" cards with 6 display port connections on the back (mini display port); where are they? they don't exist.

I think AMD is puffing smoke up people's somethings. Were are the "real" or "useful" eyefinity cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.