Diamond Viper & Me Don't Mix!

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
I finally got the courage to leave 98SE behind and go fo Me. Unfortunately I can't try my new operating system because the darn video card won't work. The Diamond Viper V550 will not work. I must boot up in safe mode. As soon as I load the drivers, the monitor goes out. I updated from the website but am still having problems. My bios is configured properly for the agp port so now I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

G

Maybe the default resolution and refresh rate for your card are different for Win ME are not supported for your monitor.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
boot into safe mode and tell me what you have liste in device manager for video cards, make sure you do not have duplicate or more than one listed, if you do delete any that are not the viper. What motherboard you using?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
I have exactly what I have installed. Diamond Viper V550 in the device manager. Only 1 display adapter. I boot into safe mode to uninstall and as soon as I boot back up it immediately reloads the same darn driver on its own and then the monitor shuts off. Go Figure! Its a genuine copy of Me too! What I did is I had to get the "In tools '99" from the website and install it in safe mode. I got it to work but every time I boot up the screen is always in a different spot(little to the left, right, or something like that. Totally weird. Oh well stick with 98SE for now til I get to the bottom of this.

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
I'm using Asus P5A-B with K6-2 @500. Sad to say but my cheap PC chips board worked great with this card running Me and the Asus does not.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now that is odd check for irq conflicts that could have resulted from the new os load. Also download and install ali's latest AGP driver ( i think 1.69?)

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I run WinME on an ASUS P2B, PII 400 and Diamond Viper 550 with a 486 fan screwed into the stock heatsink. I don't use the Diamond drivers but I use the nVidia Detonator 3 drivers, version 6.72. Runs great; but I had a problem with using driver version 7.52 last night. Went back to 6.72.

TRENDING THREADS