DICE Faces The Music In 'Star Wars Battlefront II' AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I don't think they can fix things at this point. It's best for people to refund and move on. I don't think DICE or EA understands why they always get beat up on their releases while titles like Overwatch, PUBG, and CSGO can rise to legendary popularity. This AMA just further convinces me that they have no idea what people want.

kurbina1251

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
EA has been doing microtransactions for YEARS why is the media letting EA shift the blame to dice? I remember dead space 3 having micro transaction almost 6 years ago

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Its almost like EA doesnt even realize that by acquiring and ruining beloved studios (Bioware, etc.) that people already dislike them intensely.

So then they act all astonished that something like microtransacted loot crates creating play imbalance *might* not be looked upon favorably. Truly amazing how oblivious people with power can be.

breno785au

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
If only they just focused on making a great game rather than implementing these systems to draw more money from people.

kookykrazee

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Well, if updates are not coming until after the game is released, I guess I will purchase or consider purchasing after it has been reviewed in the live format. I will not likely buy it as there is just too much politicking going on with this game. Buying pre-release games $50-100, downloading beta release MP only 50GB, day 1 patch release 30-100GB, watching EA be annoyed because people are truly unhappy and they have no idea why: PRICELESS :)

parkerygc8

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
This game will only be worth it right before battlefront 3 comes out. EA will reap what they sew.

Gamer's will pay more. The art of games will be gone.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
The game will be released tomorrow and it seems like it's still in the early Beta phase when it comes to balancing the gameplay to player's expectations.
SAD! :(

meninosousa

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
wait a second, is tom's hardware being sarcastic?
"This is undoubtedly frustrating, but it’s somewhat fair. The game isn’t readily available to the public yet, with its launch scheduled for November 17."

...it's TOMORROW

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008

You just proved the point. There was no microtransactions in DS1 and DS2 and there was no need for microtransactions in DS3. Guess who made that happen? EA

Nobody is shifting the blame to Dice, Dice is being forced by EA to do this AMA. EA is the puppet master.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
are people mad that they actually have to spend time farming to unlock stuff (anyone who played games like vanilla world of warcraft are used to this) or are they mad about microtransactions?
i get being mad at microtransactions. if i spend 60 on a game, i expect to get the full game. but if its mad about having to farm 40 hours to unlock vader?? i spent months unlocking fire resistant gear to go into molten core
edit - i dont mind microtransactions in free games of course . i dont like spending money in league but i love getting a new skin every once in awhile!

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

You are missing the point. The real reason why people are pissed is because EA is making this game 'pay to win'. This is a pure money grab by EA and as everyone now knows, the customer is not willing to tolerate such greed.

Matt_550

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

I think the bigger thing here is that you can only acquire a limited amount of in-game currency to purchase these things from single player. So you are forced in to multiplayer mode. It also appears that they are employing a loot box system in the game as well. If you can't just directly buy what you want and always have to go through a loot box and duplicates are common. It really becomes a pay-to-win game.

Status
Not open for further replies.