DICE Makes Changes To 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Crate System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Does anybody even want loot crates and crafting in their multiplayer shooter? Why can't they just tear out all the stupid stuff and just make a good game? Oh, right, because microtransactions are God now.

Somasonic

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
We don't need this excrement in PC games. It make sense in the free-to-play market but not when you've already paid full price for a game.

kuhndj67

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
As long as they can be successful selling microtransaction games they'll do it... it means I won't play it but unless there's a few million others like me it won't make a difference.

McWhiskey

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
Does this apply to single player in any way? Imagine having to grind multiplayer content just to finish the story.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
So how do these changes make the multiplayer more fair? My experience with the Battlefront 2 beta was that it was wonderful at first, but became wildly unfair and unbalanced towards the end of the beta. Some people had ridiculous star cards that gave them invulnerability or near invulnerability. You had no idea what cards your opponents were using until they killed you. Matchmaking made no attempt to place people in games based on their cards -- just their account levels.

I'd buy Battlefront 2 if it were fair. Unfortunately, it carries the dubious distinction of being the most unfair game I've ever played.

I'm naturally inclined to buy anything Star Wars, but the lack of fun Battlefront presented followed by its obvious [negative] influence on the Battlefield series (i.e. Battlefield 1) has made anything EA starting with "Battle..." seem unappealing. These games are terrible, but they sure do look and sound purdy! Lipstick on a pig comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS