Did a clean install of windows 7 and now windows updates wont install.

karlson

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
So recently i did a clean install of windows 7 and there is like 140 important windows updates i need to install but they always fail.
It takes like 10-20 min to install the updates and then my computer restarts and then the changes get reverted because the update failed.
I just dont know what to do, im fine with not having all of the updates but some of them are important and i need them but they just wont install, for example the Windows 7 service pack 1 platform update dosent work. I tried manually downloading and installing it but it keeps saying that it failed to install.

This is what it looks like when i try to manually install a update.

https://gyazo.com/c573e544f0cd7aa03f8815f44b767c52

Its in norwegian but its basicly saying that the update failed to install.
Im not sure what to do, i have tried reinstalling windows 7 but that has not fixed my problem.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

Quick edit.

Sometimes after trying to update windows wont even start, It gets stuck at the windows loading screen and the only way i can get it to launch is by loading windows from the last known good configuration.

Also sorry for my english, its not my main language.

Solution
some times window / Microsoft don't give updates in any right order , you may not have necessary updates in yet that's needed for that one .

mat need to let it ride and shut down like for the day and re try to see if ant new / more updates come in // like you get 80 updates now but in a day or 2 you may get 50 more . just install what you can and let the rest ride and see ..

window updating for 7 is pretty much screwed up for most everyone fresh or old installs . funny though this was not a issue in till after win-10 released

like microsofts way of making you think you better get win-10 [ sabotaged ] .. opinion.

for me I found it seems something triggers that sppsvc service and don't allow the updater to...
ya , but you must have a real old copy of 7 if it don't all ready have it on the disk ready to go should say on the Microsoft dvd ''includes service pack 1''

if not hope Microsoft still makes it available to get

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1

thing is look how many do have sp1 and cant get there updates working ???? just got all my updates 1-2-3 . the sppsvc trick works everytime , and with out it it will sit there checking for updates all day all week all month if I let it ..

karlson

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

I already have service pack 1 installed, But there is a service pack platform update that i need but it fails to install.

some times window / Microsoft don't give updates in any right order , you may not have necessary updates in yet that's needed for that one .

mat need to let it ride and shut down like for the day and re try to see if ant new / more updates come in // like you get 80 updates now but in a day or 2 you may get 50 more . just install what you can and let the rest ride and see ..

window updating for 7 is pretty much screwed up for most everyone fresh or old installs . funny though this was not a issue in till after win-10 released

like microsofts way of making you think you better get win-10 [ sabotaged ] .. opinion.

for me I found it seems something triggers that sppsvc service and don't allow the updater to work correct , and I do a work around , and all updates as it should as normal .

you have to do a combo of things and I don't know if I can explain it for you to follow and so far it seems to work well , all updates come in as they should then choose download and install and reboot

Solution