Did anyone buy the Asus 5900 from Dabs?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Just wondering what you think of it. I got mine last week and am well
pleased. Only thing is I'm using Linux and can't overclock it just yet as
"nvclock" is still in experimental stage for the FX range.

Has anyone tried UT2004demo? I'd be interested to hear your fps and at what
resolution.

John.

Jester

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2003

I got mine about 2 months ago for £140. I know its been even cheaper than
that but I am very happy with it all the same.
Its running with an athlon2600 and about 738 (I think) mb of ram.
With the latest nvidia drivers (56.72) its getting around 5000 in 3dmark03.
I am playing the arse off UT04 and at 1024x768 32bit colour, and virtually
all effects on high, its very playable and gorgeous.
I have a mate with one in a shuttle and an amd2400 cpu gets about 5156 in
3dmark03 (has dual channel memory whereas my mobo doesn't, and yes I am
annoyed it beats mine...).
Haven't tried clocking it yet as I don't need to. I'm sure I will when the
games demand even more.

J.

"John" <usenet.post@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering what you think of it. I got mine last week and am well
> pleased. Only thing is I'm using Linux and can't overclock it just yet as
> "nvclock" is still in experimental stage for the FX range.
>
> Has anyone tried UT2004demo? I'd be interested to hear your fps and at
what
> resolution.
>
> John.

NaDa

John <usenet.post@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Just wondering what you think of it. I got mine last week and am well
> pleased. Only thing is I'm using Linux and can't overclock it just yet as
> "nvclock" is still in experimental stage for the FX range.
>
> Has anyone tried UT2004demo? I'd be interested to hear your fps and at what
> resolution.
>
> John.

I tried that a few days ago and it was smooth like Barry White. The
frame-rates were ridiculously high at normal 1024 x 768 resolution.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:20:28 +0100, John <usenet.post@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Just wondering what you think of it. I got mine last week and am well
>pleased. Only thing is I'm using Linux and can't overclock it just yet as
>"nvclock" is still in experimental stage for the FX range.
>
>Has anyone tried UT2004demo? I'd be interested to hear your fps and at what
>resolution.
>
>John.

I got mine a few days ago but I still haven't got the fan plugged in
yet so I haven't played any games so far. I've just got broadband as
well, and I can't wait to get that 5900 going!