Question Did anyone successfully get a 3080 today?

bumblebee953

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Nope.

Newegg was super slow and never loaded the product page fast enough before the "Add to Cart" button would show up. Lots of F5s. By the time the whole page finally loaded it was sold out.

Had another computer on the side with BestBuy page open. Got to the point of having it in the cart and going through checkout and had hit place order and the page was loading forever and I didn't dare refresh the page. So I opened another tab and checked the cart and see the disappointing "All ur items in the cart have be removed because the item is out of stock".

All this happened within the span of less than 2 minutes. Pretty crazy. Can't win against scalper bots.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Nope....I actually was able to get a MSI Gaming X Trio in my Newegg card, but by the time I went into the carts it told me it was removed because it was already out of stock. After that Newegg and B&H crashed.

I think we are in for a few painful weeks, maybe even months of trying to get one....

Yeah, I was surprised, it seemed like Amazon had no cards at all......

Last edited:
Reactions: xrobwx71
I think so :eek:

Actually thanks to my wife as she managed to add to basket, I had no luck on any sites. I have an order with scan.co.uk that is awaiting picking. I had doubts up until 10 mins ago as it hadn’t shown up in my order history before the whole site crashed but I’ve just got into my account and it is there. I have seen 2 different delivery dates, 1 for tomorrow but the other for Monday.

Edit: Just to clarify I won’t believe it until I have it in my hands.

Last edited:

bumblebee953

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I think so :eek:

Actually thanks to my wife as she managed to add to basket, I had no luck on any sites. I have an order with scan.co.uk that is awaiting picking. I had doubts up until 10 mins ago as it hadn’t shown up in my order history before the whole site crashed but I’ve just got into my account and it there. I have seen 2 different delivery dates, 1 for tomorrow but the other for Monday.

I'm so jealous!

The other part that sucks about this whole thing is that we never know when they'll actually restock. There's no "restock release date" that we can at least prepare for. And the "auto-notify" feature is always way too slow. The restocked items will fly off the shelves just as fast as during release. And this will probably repeat until the new year....

protostar8

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
THREE different times I had one in my best buy cart and by the time I hit checkout it would be removed and sold out.
I contacted Best Buy and they said these are ONLINE ONLY with no expected in store dates. I feel like they only produced a handful and bots were able to nab most. It's sad, but stores are going to have to start putting in anti-bot measures. The Hobby Item (Toys/models) world has become a complete trainwreck in recent times with bots buying up the large majority of stock.

I had Best Buy and Amazon up and refreshing both every 15-20 seconds. Amazon never had any show as in stock for me. Best Buy did, but again, as soon as I could put one in the cart and hit checkout it was gone. MUCH too fast for a human to go through all the steps unless best buy only had like 15-20 total.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020
It immediately went from not available yet to "out of stock" for me, no chance at all :D. It looks like Amazon now has the Zotac for the same price, but I'm hesitant with that one as the EVGA cards all are at higher prices, so there must be something about that one despite having 1 or 2 reviews online that say it's quieter and colder at the same performance.

I guess it's for the better, still a lot of time until Cyberpunk (for which I want a new card) and I guess the chances of all cards being out of stock for the rest of the year as some claim are pretty unrealistic.

2plash6

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 23, 2019
https://www.tomshardware.com/features/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ampere-cpu-scaling-benchmarks
This featured an i7 4770k. I have this chip. I probably Definitely won't get this GPU, but if I were to, then I would know the bottleneck percentage. But the benchmarks feature the Haswell chip with a stock cooler, but I will one day get a real cooler along with real working componnents.
The i7 4770k is benchmarked a lot, because it is probably the most popular, or well known Haswell chip.
Even though my 4770k is not in any working PC currently. . . . . .

2plash6

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 23, 2019
https://www.tomshardware.com/features/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ampere-cpu-scaling-benchmarks
This featured an i7 4770k. I have this chip. I probably Definitely won't get this GPU, but if I were to, then I would know the bottleneck percentage. But the benchmarks feature the Haswell chip with a stock cooler, but I will one day get a real cooler along with real working componnents.
The i7 4770k is benchmarked a lot, because it is probably the most popular, or well known Haswell chip.
Even though my 4770k is not in any working PC currently. . . . . .
But this is bench marked using a stock cooler, and one day I will put my chip in to a working MOBO and OC, so maybe I can get a proper result!

bumblebee953

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I guess it's for the better, still a lot of time until Cyberpunk (for which I want a new card) and I guess the chances of all cards being out of stock for the rest of the year as some claim are pretty unrealistic.
Cyberpunk is in November and is honestly not that far away. No one can say for sure how available these cards will be in the last quarter 2020. But I think unless you are johnny-on-the-spot about it and checking the stores constantly for restocking, you'll miss restock windows and might keep waiting well beyond Cyberpunk release. I don't know if it's all that unrealistic that the cards will effectively be unavailable until the end of the year. Remember you still have BF and Holiday season to compete with when people are...spendy.

Sep 5, 2020
Cyberpunk is in November and is honestly not that far away. No one can say for sure how available these cards will be in the last quarter 2020. But I think unless you are johnny-on-the-spot about it and checking the stores constantly for restocking, you'll miss restock windows and might keep waiting well beyond Cyberpunk release. I don't know if it's all that unrealistic that the cards will effectively be unavailable until the end of the year. Remember you still have BF and Holiday season to compete with when people are...spendy.

Why are you doing this, now I am on the verge of buying although I wanted to wait what AMD has in store...uuurgh damn greed...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Kinda reminds me of when I was trying to purchase a GTX 1070, or 1080Ti, honestly can't recall which one I was going for, back in the crypto-craze. Nvidia would always sell them at MSRP.

If I recall, I went through 3 times where it was in the cart, then by the time I got to click to actually purchase, it was gone.

And all the other models would be gone, too. Weirdly, the 3rd time, I stopped, talked to a colleague about it for a minute or two, then noted that the GTX 1080 was still in stock. After a brief debate for a minute or two ("Nah, that's not really what I was going for") I gave it a try anyway, and lo and behold, I somehow, miraculously, got it.

It was a weird experience. Somewhat akin to release-date, but honestly, I don't quite understand the demand, as I doubt crypto-miners are part of this. Or maybe the scalper-bots are playing the role crypto-miners used to play.