Question Did anyone successfully get a 3080 today?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I think so :eek:

Actually thanks to my wife as she managed to add to basket, I had no luck on any sites. I have an order with scan.co.uk that is awaiting picking. I had doubts up until 10 mins ago as it hadn’t shown up in my order history before the whole site crashed but I’ve just got into my account and it is there. I have seen 2 different delivery dates, 1 for tomorrow but the other for Monday.

Edit: Just to clarify I won’t believe it until I have it in my hands.

Ok my confidence has risen. Just got an email saying my order has been dispatched. Seeing as it’s 8pm here I don’t think it will arrive tomorrow so fingers crossed it will be here Monday.

Reactions: USAFRet

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Im telling you guys the 3000 series is a paper launch alah how Intel does paper launch. Also the price is all juicy 699 for a 3080. There is no way retailers will sell it for nVidia MSRP. Since its their own card and their just using the nVidia GPU the prices of 3080 will be 800 to 1200 dollars without tax US dollar and what not.☮🖐🤷‍♀️💯😲👌 The 3090 will be 1500 dollars avg price before tax US dollar and what have you.🤷‍♀️

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Maybe I am just a simple country boy, but seems like you open pre orders soon enough to determine how many you need to manufacture and just meet the demand?
Well, if you would do that, we would really wait a long time for our preorders to ship. First you would open preorders and give people some time to preorder. Then you go buying your raw materials, setting up production plans and schedules, produce, then ship the chip to the board partner, they then produce in their factories the cards, they ship it then to distributors. So we would look at about 3 months or longer from pre-orders to first shipped product to pre-order placer? I think Nvidia really has a good idea how many cards they can sell over the next 6 months or so. but you can't have full inventory available on the first day. Nvidia and retailers knew that demand will be higher than what the can bring in real quick. And I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing isn't also a little be wanted by Nvidia....come on, think about it. The headline "RTX 3080 stock sells out in 1 minute" is probably the best marketing Nvidia can get. That really pushes the hype. Most people who don't pay too much attention and just glance over this headline must think "wow, they must have some kind of good product here".

give it a few weeks and we will get easier to buy one of those cards....

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Im telling you guys the 3000 series is a paper launch alah how Intel does paper launch. Also the price is all juicy 699 for a 3080. There is no way retailers will sell it for nVidia MSRP. Since its their own card and their just using the nVidia GPU the prices of 3080 will be 800 to 1200 dollars without tax US dollar and what not.☮🖐🤷‍♀️💯😲👌 The 3090 will be 1500 dollars avg price before tax US dollar and what have you.🤷‍♀️

I don't know where all this is coming from. But $1500 for the 3090 is actual list price!! Yes, taxes need to be added as always (dah?). Also, most custom board for the RTX 3080 sold for ~$750. So I don't know where you saw those $800 to 1200 prices?! I think the most expensive RTX 3080 custom cards I saw is the MSI Gaming X trio at $759.

bumblebee953

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I don't know where all this is coming from. But $1500 for the 3090 is actual list price!! Yes, taxes need to be added as always (dah?). Also, most custom board for the RTX 3080 sold for ~$750. So I don't know where you saw those $800 to 1200 prices?! I think the most expensive RTX 3080 custom cards I saw is the MSI Gaming X trio at $759.

Just be glad you guys don't live in Canadaland. It's $1k for 3080 and $2k for 3090 for us up here...

Ok my confidence has risen. Just got an email saying my order has been dispatched. Seeing as it’s 8pm here I don’t think it will arrive tomorrow so fingers crossed it will be here Monday.

It’s arrived, I physically have the card in my hands, I said I wouldn’t believe it until it was in my hands. Unfortunately it arrived 1/2hr ago at 10am and I now have to do a full days work knowing it’s here before I can play.

Reactions: Flayed
Ok my initial review is I’m very happy with it. I’ve only run 3D mark and played COD MW. COD MW I have all settings maxed except ambient occlusion, field of view 100 and RT on and at 1440p I never saw my average FPS drop under 130. This is compared to my 2080S where I had to run medium settings with RT off to average 120+ fps.

Reactions: ern88