Question Did bluetooth usb fry my motherboard?

Jul 14, 2020
Hi I think my motherboard fried due to a chinese bluetooth dongle I brought a while ago, I tired plugging it in while the pc was running and unplugged everything and even replaced the cpu but it only turned on for a split second. My motherboard is the p6x58d-e-ws is there anything I can do?

Thank you in advance

Jul 14, 2020
Update: I plugged the cpu atx 8 pin and it was running but no post obviously, idk if it's either the PSU (corsair rm1000x) or the mobo please help

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Better start at the beginning, with full explanation, not skipped steps, because normally you should need the EPS (cpu 8pin) plugged in for the cpu to even work. Saying it 'was running, but no post' makes no sense either. You are all over the place.

No idea why you felt the need to unplug everything after plugging in the usb. What happened? Shut down, bluescreen, freeze, nothing because usb didn't work?

Jul 14, 2020
Better start at the beginning, with full explanation, not skipped steps, because normally you should need the EPS (cpu 8pin) plugged in for the cpu to even work. Saying it 'was running, but no post' makes no sense either. You are all over the place.

No idea why you felt the need to unplug everything after plugging in the usb. What happened? Shut down, bluescreen, freeze, nothing because usb didn't work?

Right so I had the system running for windows update with like the mouse, flash drive, keyboard, and wifi dongle attached and I hot plugged the cheap bluetooth dongle I got off ebay a while back. I'm not sure if I wasnt suppose to plug it in while running tho I think you should be able to plug usb in and out even while system is on. Anyways so since I plugged the bluetooth usb in while running the system shutted completely. I tried rebooting but It turned on for a millisecond. Afterwards I tried running the system without the gpu, same result as above, tried placing one confirmed working ram in the slots, same results. Unplugging hhd, replacing cpu with a different working compatible one to no avail. The system does run without the 8 pin attached but that's due to the cpu being inserted so I'm assuming that something connected to the CPU connector pins were fried. Thanks for reading this long post and I hope you at least get the gist of it now.

TRENDING THREADS