Did clean re-install of W7; question about System Reserve Partition

c0mplex05

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
So I decided to do a full clean re-installation of Windows 7. Before doing so, I thought I should remove all partitions on the primary drive and consolidate them into a single partition. Among the partitions I did this to was the System Reserve partition (whose function I did not understand/know of prior to doing all of this). I wasn't able to extend my drive's primary partition into this space, so in my 128GB SSD I had ~119GB volume for my C:\ and 100mb unallocated space (i.e. what use to be the System Reserve partition).

After doing the re-installation, I noticed that the 100mb space is still unallocated. I don't want to reclaim this space - I would like for it to be used as the System Reserve partition. My question is how do I know if this space is being used for that function? I would assume that if it were, then Windows 7's Disk Management wouldn't label it as unallocated space. If that space on my drive IS NOT being used as the System Reserve partition, than how can I set it up so that it can be? It's okay if the solution involves doing a clean install, as I haven't doing anything on this computer since doing the original re-installation.

Thanks for any help.

Solution
The system reserve partition contains boot files. It's separate from your standard windows installation and Windows protects it vehemently. If it's not there, you can't boot. If you deleted it during the installation process and proceeded to just press "install" on a blank hard drive, it would have been recreated automatically
The system reserve partition contains boot files. It's separate from your standard windows installation and Windows protects it vehemently. If it's not there, you can't boot. If you deleted it during the installation process and proceeded to just press "install" on a blank hard drive, it would have been recreated automatically

Solution