Question Did Gameloop Emulator bricked my NVME?

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys,
Right now am so desperate,,, 2 days ago I installed gameloop emulator from their official website gameloop.com on my Drive D: which is crucial BX500 SSD and downloaded pubgm just to play with some old friends,, today I opened gameloop and as usual windows defender controlled folder access blocked gameloop from making changes to memory but I didnt whitelist it until I noticed gameloop acted bit strange everytime controlled folder access blocked it so I whitelisted and went to gameloop and clicked on pubgm to launch but instead it said to be installed then downloading !!! which is weird because it was already downloaded and opened before so I clicked on cancel download and decided to open Forza horizon 5 which is installed in my drive F: (Gammix S11 pro 512 GB NVME) but suddenly found empty gameloop folder just got created??? how and why?? why would gameloop create a folder in a different drive by itself?? then few secs later my pc freezed then restarted by itself and boot took a while (will tell u why moving on) after reaching windows; I opened file explored but noticed my drive F: got disappeared!!! I freaked out and immediately thought gameloop had sth to do with it since it created a folder in it by itself?? I restarted my pc and also boot took a while (most probably the NVME self test from bios) then CHKDSK attempted repaired stage 1 100% successful then booted to windows still disappeared, rebooted again then entered stage 2 of chkdsk and was 100% successful but still was disappeared, rebooted again to see if stage 3 would start but nth happened and drive still disappeared. I opened disk management and found it healthy but RAW,, and I didnt choose to format it tbh because it's my most important NVMe that included big big and favorite games including FH5 premium edition. however I have a 2nd same NVME which is drive G: and is working fine. I ran chkdsk on windows to check on the drive but received error cannot complete in read-only mode.. I turned off my pc and removed the NVME then installed it again (X570 Aorus Master) and on next reboot It was shown in file explorer but inaccessible and on task manager its usage was stable 99% so I did again chkdsk command and it showed some errors about it being unreadable but then it started doing changes (check photo below) and at the end received an error saying no enough space although it had much free space before.
then I rebooted my pc again and it disappeared for good; from file explorer, task manager & disk management. so I did a system restore point to may 11 (everything was good at that time) but unfortunately it didnt fix it (kinda had a feeling it won't) check the photos below and tell me what's going on and what to do. Is there a way to get it back with old data in it?

Important Notes:
it also got disappeared from ADATA SSD toolbox .
The NVME is still shown in Bios
Thanks

free image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

Last edited:

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
update:
I did installed the remaining windows updates since I did a restore point to may 11 and while rebooting; my pc didnt take soo much time like explained above and after installing updates 100%; I found the Drive F: in file explorer but still inaccessible and in task manager its shown with alternative usage.. Note to self that the issue happened when updates were up to date already.

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
another update:
so suddenly by itself the usage of the drive F: in task manager is 100% stable, so I used AOMEI partition assistant pro edition and found those

ASK THE COMMUNITY