Did I blow my Motherboard?

leon_van

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Hi,

I accidently connected the FDD connector to the 4 pin System Fan . Afterward, I turned on my pc and there was no power(before that I boosted up my pc to window). I have tested my psu using this link http://www.metacafe.com/watch/729606/how_to_test_your_computers_power_supply_psu/ and my psu did work. So I suspected that I have blown away my motherboard for what I did. Is there away to confirm that the motherboard has been damage?

thanks in advance

leon_van

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
i have disconnected everything except i left the RAM and Graphic card on. I plugged the PSU to the ATX connector on the motherboard and there was no power on.

x_2fast4u_x

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
Try switching the "power" button on and off couple times, you know the one on the back of the PSU, it might just need to reset its self.

leon_van

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
i have tried switching on and off on the power button at the back of the psu but still did not help. I even tried to take out the power led and put the screwdriver in bt the power switch pin(2 pin) hope there was electricity come out from the PSU to the motherboard but still nothing. My motherboard model is Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 . I read the manual hoping that there was some kind of reset funtionality on the board for this but still could not find anthing.... look like i have to get the new board...

leon_van

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
It was my PSU. I used my friend's PSU and tested . Everything was ok. I bought the new PSU and replaced the old one. Worked fine. Thanks everyone who replied.