Did I break something?

CalvaryZ

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Greetings all,
I'm posting because I've been having strange symptoms since this happened.
I was trying to plug in my USB C cable, which was connected to my pixel 2, to the asrock b450m USB C port on the rear io. Unfortunately, I couldn't see it and instead put the cable inside the USB 3.0 port. Immediately, the computer shut down so I flipped the switch on the PSU, waited a bit and turned the computer back on. It worked fine, but the next day, it booted to a black screen. I restarted it and it turned on, but I'm concerned I might have damaged something. In addition, DaVinci resolve 15 has been crashing every hour or so since. Any ideas?

You sorted your motherboard and a protection mechanism shut down the system in order to prevent further damage. It's a good thing that your system is able to turn on since I've seen a lot of similar cases where a bad USB connection can fry the motherboard. However in you case it seems you haven't avoided hardware damage. Your motherboard probably got damaged in the process and the best thing to do is to RMA it. It's a new board and still under warranty but be careful and don't tell them the whole story since you probably also voided the warranty. Just tell them that you are having stability issues and you think that the motherboard is responsible. Good luck.