[SOLVED] Did I burned my ram ??? please help !!!!

Jul 12, 2019
Today I bought Kingstone ddr3 4 GB ram and the voltage mentioned for that on it's label was 1.5 v. I installed the ram and turned on the pc and there was no display and the memok button was continuously on with red light.
after about one minute I turned off pc by pushing the power supply button and I then remembered that I had manually set the voltage to the 1.65 v from bios for my last ram.
did I cause damage to my ram ???? Is there any way to test it?
after that I installed my previous ram and changed the setting to the auto mode and then after installation of the new ram, I pushed the memok button but nothing happened after the button's process, and also for the other one.
my motherboard is asus p7p55d and my psu is ocz 400w.
Thanks in advance for your help.
excuse me if my english writing has problem ...

Last edited:
Solution
No. Your RAM is not Dead
Your RAM can handle up-to 2Volts.(according to manufacturers).
Make sure that your RAM port is clean.
If not. Use tooth brush to clean RAM slot.
And test if your RAM ports are working.
And reset your BIOS too.
Jul 28, 2019
Today I bought Kingstone ddr3 4 GB ram and the voltage mentioned for that on it's label was 1.5 v. I installed the ram and turned on the pc and there was no display and the memok button was continuously on with red light.
after about one minute I turned off pc by pushing the power supply button and I then remembered that I had manually set the voltage to the 1.65 v from bios for my last ram.
did I cause damage to my ram ???? Is there any way to test it?
after that I installed my previous ram and changed the setting to the auto mode and then after installation of the new ram, I pushed the memok button but nothing happened after the button's process, and also for the other one.
my motherboard is asus p7p55d and my psu is ocz 400w.
Thanks in advance for your help.
excuse me if my english writing has problem ...
Mmmmmm so you said you manually set the voltage for your previous ram?

Jul 12, 2019
Sorry man if it says on the box 1.5 volts and you ran it on 1.65 volts chances are your ram stick is dead sorry....
Thank you Charles21211 for paying attention
I changed them with new ones and at another thread I asked about the voltage compatibility
Finally manually I set the voltage to 1.65-v and everything worked fine!
I think the rams themselves had problem...