Did I buy a faulty monitor ? (Omen by hp)

Jameswynands18

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
I recently purchased a 144hz 25 inch omen that was on sale. When I first set it up it was extremely bright so I changed the preset. The edges of the screen are darker than normal and when something black is on the screen you can see purple all around the edges. I’m hoping it’s something to do with my settings. Has anyone found a solution to this, or should I return the monitor? Besides the purple I haven’t had any other problems.
https://imgur.com/a/oAFBR
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-24-5-led-fhd-monitor-black/5823065.p?skuId=5823065

Solution
Jameswynands18 I received this same monitor for Christmas and have the same issue. Anytime there is a dark image, I'm seeing a purple glow around the edges. It's most prominent at the bottom and top. It's quite noticeable and beginning to irritate me. I've tried the screen massaging technique, to no avail. I'm hoping that maybe this can be reduced by adjusting the settings/calibration? Did you ever find a solution? If so, please share... If it's truly a defect, I'd like to know that as well since I can probably still return it at this point.
If anyone else has any experience with this, please share as well.

Many thanks!

Mike2015

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
Jameswynands18 I received this same monitor for Christmas and have the same issue. Anytime there is a dark image, I'm seeing a purple glow around the edges. It's most prominent at the bottom and top. It's quite noticeable and beginning to irritate me. I've tried the screen massaging technique, to no avail. I'm hoping that maybe this can be reduced by adjusting the settings/calibration? Did you ever find a solution? If so, please share... If it's truly a defect, I'd like to know that as well since I can probably still return it at this point.
If anyone else has any experience with this, please share as well.

Many thanks!

Solution

Mike2015

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
My HP Omen 25 was returned as defective. Even though I got it on sale, I just couldn't live with the purple backlight bleed on the edges. Calibration and adjustments only helped a little.

TRENDING THREADS