I recently bought a PC system with the following components:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16 GB RAM with 2400 MHz
ASUS GTX 1060 6 GB graphics card
WD Solid State Drive 240GB
Seagate Barracuda HDD 1 TB
Corsair CX550 for 550W 80 PLUS Bronze SMPS
Cooler Master Cabinet with a back fan

Now I could not get hold of a lot of boards and I have little experience in the technical aspects. I got a Gigabyte B450M DS3H. After buying and fitting, I noticed that it did not have a VRMS heat sink. I do not plan to overclock my system. I am sure there are better boards I could have bought but is this board a wrong choice that will result in long term damage to my other components in the long run?

Please help!

It will depend on how far are you planning to OC the 2600. Depending on that you might also have to buy a better CPU cooler.

Nov 5, 2018

As of now I do not plan to OC my system. So does it mean it will run without a hitch even if I game as much as this config can handle? Also, if in the future I need to, then I might need a new board and better cpu cooling. But it seems I cannot OC my Gfx card since it has small form factor. Or am I wrong?

u can get any 3rd party vrm heatsink if ur worried about temperatures
as for gpu oc...ull get limited by tdp, small frm factor shouldnt matter, that gpu wont run that hot
dunno which one u have, but i guess it should be 6pin power connector, which means no overclock at all, gpu will eat all power available with stock settings without any headroom for overclock

The Ryzen 2600 should run fine on a B450 board and if you have good air flow in your case it will auto turbo to 3.9GHz when needed.

Whenever you want to OC the CPU above 4GHz ,you will need a better cooler .
You never know....you might be able to OC the GPU just check temperatures while you do.