[SOLVED] Did I buy the wrong SATA 3 cables?

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019
I just purchased a Samsung 860 EVO 2Tb SSD and this set of cables: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16812162132?Item=N82E16812162132

I'm pretty sure the smaller connector goes to MB and the bigger one goes to the power supply. But that cable is only about 6" long which would necessitate that I leave the SSD sitting at the bottom of my case; it's not a big deal to do that but I was wondering if I bought the wrong set of cables for my desktop computer.

Also I don't see a place to plug it into my power supply. I have a Silverstone PS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
You don't need a cable like that (not even sure why Silverstone thought it necessary to make something like that. Probably some sort of cable management idea differe their ultra SFF cases).

Just a regular SATA cable is fine (about $1 EA). There will be a power cable coming off (or in the bag for modular) the PSU to power it up.
You don't need a cable like that (not even sure why Silverstone thought it necessary to make something like that. Probably some sort of cable management idea differe their ultra SFF cases).

Just a regular SATA cable is fine (about $1 EA). There will be a power cable coming off (or in the bag for modular) the PSU to power it up.

Solution

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019

Ok, thanks, tennis2!