[SOLVED] Did i choose the wrong ram ?

Abde784

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Hey guys, recently I've been building a new pc and im not that experienced so i got 2x8 3200mhz cl18 ram stick since they were the only option in the store i was in , i felt like I hasted that decision so did i screw up here? Would it make a major difference in my day to day usage of light gaming at 1080p 60hz that I'll need to upgrade? I could downclock my ram to 2933mhz cl17 or 2666mhz cl16 so what should i do? Note: i own an r5 3600

Solution
I don't know what's causing you to think you made a bad decision. Higher RAM speeds are recommended when using AMD CPUs. The only thing is that you've got a higher CAS latency, since it's a latency, you'd want that to be as low as possible, but 18 will do. There's no reason why you should downclock your RAM whatsoever.
I don't know what's causing you to think you made a bad decision. Higher RAM speeds are recommended when using AMD CPUs. The only thing is that you've got a higher CAS latency, since it's a latency, you'd want that to be as low as possible, but 18 will do. There's no reason why you should downclock your RAM whatsoever.

Solution

Abde784

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Thank you so much for the reply, it's just that i don't Know much about the whole latency stuff and how important it is but you made clear that my choice isn't that bad.