[SOLVED] Did i connect the cooler right? AMD Ryzen 3900x

Jan 25, 2021
I just purchased tomahawk b550 and amd ryzen 3900x, the CPU cooler has two cables, one for RBG and the other for USB, this is the connection, i did Rgb> jrbg1 usb > jusb1

Do you see any mistake? Should i use both cables? If no which one should i have?Thanks!

IMG_20210125_193001.jpg.5ab52de55b1d05f1c653202d0ed68c00.jpg

Solution
You can hookup the usb or the rgb one. The rgb one will work with the motherboards software but limits the control of the fan colors to only be 1 set color.

If you use the USB cable option, you need to use the ryzen cooler software, but it gives you the option to set the fan, ring, and logo leds separately allowing for more customization at the expense of a 2nd app.
You can hookup the usb or the rgb one. The rgb one will work with the motherboards software but limits the control of the fan colors to only be 1 set color.

If you use the USB cable option, you need to use the ryzen cooler software, but it gives you the option to set the fan, ring, and logo leds separately allowing for more customization at the expense of a 2nd app.

Solution
Jan 25, 2021

Its all clear now! Thank you very much! :)