CaptainDiabeto

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I recently did a BIOS Update on my Server Computer because I had bought a new CPU I was going to install in it, and I needed a modded BIOS so that it would recognize the microcode. The modder said he had tested the BIOS With i7s And Xeons and he worked out all the bugs. I started to flash the BIOS, saw it was working as usual (this wasn't my first BIOS update on this PC), then went upstairs to use the bathroom. As soon as I came back down, I noticed that it was rebooting in 5 second intervals and it wouldn't even POST at all and the screen was dark, no display at all. I also noticed before this that whenever I would update the BIOS previously, it would also give me a message saying CMOS had failed and restored everything to the default state, but it still functioned as normal. So my question is: Is my CMOS dead, or did I corrupt the BIOS?

Any Help Is Appreciated,
-CaptainDiabeto

PC SPECS:
Intel i7-920 (Soon To Be Replacement: Intel Xeon X5675)
MSI x58 PRO-E
24 GB Of DDR3-1333 Mhz RAM (6x4 GB)
Nvidia GeForce GT 630 (2GB VRAM DDR3)
Corsair CX750M (750 Watt)

(P.S. I Also Have Recently Got My A+ Certification, So I Kind Of Know What I'm Talking About)

UPDATE: I Replaced The CMOS Battery And The Same Problem Persists

UPDATE: I eventually found a internal speaker and hooked it up. It gave me a Beep Code 4: The motherboard timer is off, which pretty much means the board malfunctioned. At the end of the day, I gave up and had to replace the computer entirely.

Last edited:
u can try clearing CMOS, but i guess bios reflash needed if its borked
about that xeon, if u put it inside, pc shoud run with it (8F bios), bios may not recognize it (thus limit cpu functions), but u should be able to get to system to see which revision u got and then update microcodes based on your cpu stepping

CaptainDiabeto

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
u can try clearing CMOS, but i guess bios reflash needed if its borked
about that xeon, if u put it inside, pc shoud run with it (8F bios), bios may not recognize it (thus limit cpu functions), but u should be able to get to system to see which revision u got and then update microcodes based on your cpu stepping

Yeah I tried clearing the CMOS but the problem still persists: Definitely a corrupted bios. Anyone know how to fix a corrupted BIOS?