Question Did I damage my rtx 2070?

antb201

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I have recently built a pc and bought parts off of ebay. The motherboard was in "like new" condition. The ram was also used. All the other parts were new. I overclocked the voltage on my rtx 2070 to 100 on msi after burner. It crashed so I lowered it back to normal settings. Next day apex legends crashed and gave me an error about my card being physically removed and that something was destroyed. I never saw that error again in apex but now fortnite is constantly crashing with a message saying " Unexpectedly logging out of server". I haven't crashed in any other games except fortnite but im wondering if im really getting logged out of the server or if my gpu (or any other component) is causing it to crash? I dont have a different graphics card for testing unfortunately. I have never seen any graphical errors and this card was purchased on february 1st 2019. Can my open boxed motherboard be the cause ? I dont think its my internet connection because im not being disconnected from my xbox app chat while my game crashes. Im also connected via ethernet. I cant figure it out someone help

Asus z390 plus gaming
intel 9700k
evga xc black rtx 2070
evga supersc ddr4 series 16 gb ram
evga g3 750watt psu

antb201

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
You should test other games buy anyways it looks like a Fortnite problem, not a generalized or hardware one.

And dont doublepost!
The PC I had before this never got logged out of the server even once. I get a wifi symbol with empty bars in fortnite (might be displayed by motherboard) and it has a red arrow pointing down and another one with a red "X" next to it. Don't know what this means. This is something new that never happened before on my dell pc before i built this pc and im pretty sure no one else is getting this error on fortnite right now. And sorry my first thread didn't post lol im new to this site. I def think its hardware related I just cant seem to find the root ?

Phazoner

Distinguished
You should set your IP static and check if you can open some ports for Fortnite or Epic Games Store. The quality and behavior of the networking hardware differs between motherboards so maybe the Dell's was better or just less strict with network traffic.

MetallicMonk

Respectable
Feb 16, 2019
The PC I had before this never got logged out of the server even once. I get a wifi symbol with empty bars in fortnite (might be displayed by motherboard) and it has a red arrow pointing down and another one with a red "X" next to it. Don't know what this means. This is something new that never happened before on my dell pc before i built this pc and im pretty sure no one else is getting this error on fortnite right now. And sorry my first thread didn't post lol im new to this site. I def think its hardware related I just cant seem to find the root ?

It seems you need to troubleshoot your wifi connection and/or fortnite.