Solution
I see no problem.

CPU cooling starts at ambient. Normally, that is around 22c. or 72f.
30c. suggests to me that your measurement tool may not be accurate.
I would expect temperatures at idle to be more like 15c. over ambient.

What really counts is how you do under heavy load.
Do make certain that your front intakes are strong enough to feed the H60 as well as your graphics card,
Jul 6, 2021
Depends on the processor used and you need to check the temps under load.

EDIT also as above the fan should be on the other side of the rad pushing air through it.
Ok so what I will do is move the fan to the other side alright. Thank you I will do this all when I get home thanks for the help guys. I’ll get back with the temp under load. See if that improves idle temp thanks and I’ll get back! I have a ryzen 5 3600
I put an h60 on it.

Ok so what I will do is move the fan to the other side alright. Thank you I will do this all when I get home thanks for the help guys. I’ll get back with the temp under load. See if that improves idle temp thanks and I’ll get back! I have a ryzen 5 3600
I put an h60 on it.
Your idle temp is plenty fine and is probably not far from ambient.
I wouldn't expect it to go much lower.
100% load temp is what you want.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing I just did it as pushing out
My question wasn't aimed at you directly, but the couple of individuals that just shot it down.

There's little difference between push or pull if you do your own testing. Pull has a slight edge over push in that it avoids some of the air blowback off the radiator fins if the fans are used as push.
Neither is perfect, or absolutely better than the other.

Last edited:
I see no problem.

CPU cooling starts at ambient. Normally, that is around 22c. or 72f.
30c. suggests to me that your measurement tool may not be accurate.
I would expect temperatures at idle to be more like 15c. over ambient.

What really counts is how you do under heavy load.
Do make certain that your front intakes are strong enough to feed the H60 as well as your graphics card,

Solution