DeViLgunner

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
I was unable to enter DOS to Format my hard drive with Windows XP, even with a bootdisk I could not do it. So I put my Hard drive in my other machine that is running windows XP and did the format in Windows. Since I did it this way will it affect performance at all?

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
When you format sometimes its best to fdisk,destroy the primary partitions, reboot then fdisk again then re-create that partition. Ater rebooting again, any startup doss disk will allow you to format the drive, or even better to completely dump the dirve find the debug string for your hdd. This way you knwo that you have a fresh drive to start with.

-Tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet get smaller.

Bardic

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001
I personnaly prefer Part from www.ranish.com over Fdisk. It has quick repartitioning and quick formatting.

Saves a ton of time when you don't have to Fdisk->reboot->long format->reboot. with Part you make the patitions, quick format (30 seconds) and reboot and go.

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Uhhhh...Am I missing something here? If you have Win XP why didn't you just boot from the cd and format your hard drive from there?

:tongue: <font color=red>Is it a bad if your memory module looks like a piece of fried bacon?.</font color=red> :tongue: