[SOLVED] Did I fry my mobo?

Oct 18, 2021
Without too many irrelevant details, I touched the 2nd and 3ed pins of the cmos reset , and
simultaneous the motherboard, when the pc was on. After then the pc suddenly stopped with a weird sound.
https://ibb.co/wd27Q9Y ( I can't upload images for some reason. )
After I made this mistake I saw this stain on the motherboard and the pc won t start, just a small move of the cpu fan( not a spin). I think is fried, but a second opinion won't do any harm. Thank you in advance!

Solution
You can do a simple continuity test with a DMM to see if the trace is indeed broken.
Of course, better be sure this time you aren't doing it when the motherboard is live. Make sure its fully disconnected from any power source and drain the power first.

It is hard to tell if anything else has been damaged apart from the copper trace.

If the trace is indeed broken, then you can possibly try for a circuit board repair service and see if they can fix the trace.
If the trace is indeed the only thing that's broken, then your board may then be revived.
Nothing is guaranteed..
You can do a simple continuity test with a DMM to see if the trace is indeed broken.
Of course, better be sure this time you aren't doing it when the motherboard is live. Make sure its fully disconnected from any power source and drain the power first.

It is hard to tell if anything else has been damaged apart from the copper trace.

If the trace is indeed broken, then you can possibly try for a circuit board repair service and see if they can fix the trace.
If the trace is indeed the only thing that's broken, then your board may then be revived.
Nothing is guaranteed..

Solution