Did I fry my motherboard/cooler?

Indiana

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Hi, so I'm running into a constant reboot with Windows showing: "whea uncorrectable error", this happens a few seconds of windows loading, every single time.

I've read about this error and 99% of the time apparently is a hawrdware error.

This started happening after I moved from a previous house to a new one, and putting all the components together again, which makes me think I broke something.

I have a Corsair h60 and one of the mistakes I made however when I put together the PC again was to connect the cpu fan cable (the one that comes out of the base, not the fan) to a 3 pin connector that.. made sense to also fit in a 3 pin cable :p.

This is a picture of the connector that I used: (motherboard is an Asus z97 pro)

https://gyazo.com/04e70d2c692e7145ab96e0c79411339b

So the first time I started the PC I saw an error 76 in led display, after some trial and error I realized the cooler wasn't "pumping" and I connected the 3 pin connector to a 4 pin one, and then I started hearing the pump going crazy.

So, now the issue is like I said before, Windows restarts almost instantly after it starts loading with that error, which leads me to believe I broke something, but since I have no spare parts I have no idea what could've be broken.

Any help is appreciated!.

I think I would first reset the bios to default.

Remove the cr2032 battery for a minute.

You can get a basic test of functionality with memtest86.
It boots from a usb drive and does not use windows.

If memtest runs ok, then look into windows issues or hard drive issues.

Indiana

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Memtest froze after 20 mins approx, 58% first pass., no errors though.

Also, I forgot to mention, sometimes I get an error 99, which after some resets goes away randomly.