[SOLVED] Did I fry my motherboard?

Jul 27, 2019
Hi everyone. I am currently building my first PC, following step by step a tutorial by a guy using all the same pets etc. I am waiting on my CPU to arrive on Monday so I went ahead and completed the rest of the build. However, when finished i can’t get the PC to power on at all. I have to admit, I originally didn’t have the standoffs in place to hold the mother board away from the case and attempted to power it on but nothing.
Today, after following the step by step tutorial I can’t even get power into the PC to see if the RGB fans or anything are working. Is this simply down to not have a CPU yet or have I just lost a lot of money?

To be clear, I’m not trying to BOOT the PC. Simply just turn it on

Solution
The motherboard tells the powersupply to come on. The fans will not come on without the Power supply. The motherboard will not come on without a CPU. Wait until the CPU is installed before you try again.
Jan 9, 2019
The motherboard tells the powersupply to come on. The fans will not come on without the Power supply. The motherboard will not come on without a CPU. Wait until the CPU is installed before you try again.

Solution