Did I fry my RAM?

Aug 12, 2018
I have a Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4 2666 MT/s RAM stick and I went into BIOS and raised the DRAM Frequency from 2133 MHz to 2667 MHz, that was the only thing I changed, everything else I left on auto. It then bricked by system, not posting at all or allowing me into BIOS. I tried another 8 gb RAM stick and it worked fine, I tried them together in both slots and it still wouldn't post. Is there any way I can fix or repair the RAM or is it fried/broken? Thanks.

Solution
No that shouldn't have damaged the stick at all. Have you tried clearing your CMOS? (to reset the BIOS)

Ive had a similar situation on my Maximus Ranger board. It would only run my ram and spec speed after updating the BIOS.

PilotPlangy

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
No that shouldn't have damaged the stick at all. Have you tried clearing your CMOS? (to reset the BIOS)

Ive had a similar situation on my Maximus Ranger board. It would only run my ram and spec speed after updating the BIOS.

Solution
I agree with last... You did not mention having returned RAM speed to the previous setting.... and some RAM may run when others will not. So set the RAM setting to auto (if the reset doesn't do it), next start the computer with the Ballistix Sport Lt installed, and after it has posted, go back into the BIOS and try increasing the RAM speed setting by small increments.

Your computer specs may help giving better advice.