[SOLVED] Did I get lucky with my ryzen 5 3600?

JustKun

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
So when I was messing with my cpu, I found that I still had a little more headroom while overclocking using the stock cooler. I kept bumping it up in increments and decided to try 4.2ghz at 1.25 volts. I ran a userbench and got 93rd percentile and a rating of 91% and I also ran a cinebench r20 and got 3683. My temps were pretty toasty at 87°C but that was at 100% load and while gaming it’s around like 60°C. When I ran everything on auto, the cpu would be around 90-95°C at full load so I consider the 83-87°C a win. Did I get lucky with my cpu? because I don’t see many people saying they can run 4.2 ghz at 1.25 volts. Or am I wrong and many ryzen 5 3600’s can do this?

I wish I had a better cooler to try 4.3ghz at 1.3 volts on :(

Solution
I would avoid anything that is remotely related to Userbench since it's just a collection of wrong information giving newcomers to the industry false information. You might want to see if other benchmarking app's like Prime95, OCCT, Realbench and their ilk hold their ground with your overclock and that voltage.

As with everything we say about overclocking, please swap to a better cooler since the stock cooler isn't meant for those kind of clocks albeit mild overclocking.

Make and model of the motherboard and the BIOS version you're on? Ram kit used?

Lutfij

Titan
I would avoid anything that is remotely related to Userbench since it's just a collection of wrong information giving newcomers to the industry false information. You might want to see if other benchmarking app's like Prime95, OCCT, Realbench and their ilk hold their ground with your overclock and that voltage.

As with everything we say about overclocking, please swap to a better cooler since the stock cooler isn't meant for those kind of clocks albeit mild overclocking.

Make and model of the motherboard and the BIOS version you're on? Ram kit used?

Solution