Question Did I get scammed on this 1080p 60FPS capture card, capture FPS is very laggy, only 20-30 FPS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2023
The image quality is 90% so it's good enough. But the FPS is horrible (20-30) but marketed as 60 FPS. It's nowhere close to smooth. Did I get scammed or is there anything I can do about this?

I am using the USB cable that came with the capture card, plugged into the motherboard's USB 3.0. So I don't think any cables are bottlenecking. Using OBS 60 FPS to capture the images.

This is the crap I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255573602330

I would be satisfied with it if it reached smooth 60 FPS though.

The image quality is 90% so it's good enough. But the FPS is horrible (20-30) but marketed as 60 FPS. It's nowhere close to smooth. Did I get scammed or is there anything I can do about this?

I am using the USB cable that came with the capture card, plugged into the motherboard's USB 3.0. So I don't think any cables are bottlenecking. Using OBS 60 FPS to capture the images.

This is the crap I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255573602330

I would be satisfied with it if it reached smooth 60 FPS though.
Considering known brand HD capture cards cost 5 times as much, I'd say this is a fake.

Jan 25, 2023
try caturing direct capture stream? its literary mjpeg/yuv2 which is enough for usb 2.0 low bandwith..

What do you mean by direct capture stream?

I'm capturing the USB signal with OBS. While previewing the stream it is crappy low FPS. Also after a recording it's the same low FPS. Not sure how else I can check the data.

Try a different cable, I have noticed if I use a cheap cable with my capture card sometimes the signal is not clean.

If that doesn't fix it, considering the price and lack of real branding on the capture card you bought, it is likely it cannot properly support all of the claimed resolutions and framerates stated.

A cheap capture card I use and can reccomend is the EVGA XR1 Lite. I bought mine on sale for $40, but it seems the price has gone up since.

Jan 25, 2023
Try a different cable, I have noticed if I use a cheap cable with my capture card sometimes the signal is not clean.

If that doesn't fix it, considering the price and lack of real branding on the capture card you bought, it is likely it cannot properly support all of the claimed resolutions and framerates stated.

A cheap capture card I use and can reccomend is the EVGA XR1 Lite. I bought mine on sale for $40, but it seems the price has gone up since.

Ok thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.