Sean8605

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
Okok.. SO.

I just bought the following off a guy..

- AMD FX-8350 W/ Stock cooler
- Intel 530 Series 240gb SSD
BOTH ARE BRAND NEW UNOPENED

So.. I know the amd cpu @ $55 is a hell of a buy..they are selling on ebay for 100+ new.

But the SSD is confusing me a little. Its product code is SSDSC2BW240A4K5 and I believe its on amazon and newegg for $300.00.

But Im not absolutely sure..bc I cant believe I just got something for $55 thats worth $300.

But I did buy it for the purpose of reselling on ebay. Somebody purchased within 10 min and asked me to ship to a different address (I cant do that) so I canceled that order..and then was wondering why it sold so fast.

Anybody help me out here?

Nothing. The SSD is about 4 or 5 years old. SSDs used to cost more, but an enormous increase in production and shifts in technology have lowered the cost considerably. I often see 500GB SSDs for around $100. The SSD you have is probably worth closer to $60. The CPU, maybe worth $100. You can buy them new from Amazon for $116, and at that it really isn't a good CPU to recommend to someone. It is several years old, and the entire platform built around that CPU is outdated and soon to be discontinued.

You did get a good deal. After shipping costs and eBay fees, you could probably sell both and double your money still.

neiler0847

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Using the internet for the benchmark pricing of discontinued items is often misleading. The strange pricing often reflects a limited supply and does not take into effect the fact that newer and better items are better and cheaper. There are also some unscrupulous sellers trying to make a buck off a sucker who wants something specific.

In my neck of the woods, a good deal on a new 240GB SSD is $110 CDN ($85 USD).

USAFRet

Titan

It 'sold' so quickly because that was a scam buy.
An ancient 240GB SSD for $55 is not that great of a buy. It may have been $300, years ago when it was released.
Time has passed it by.

A current Crucial MX300 is faster, and not much more $$.
275GB for ~$90.