Did I just brick my Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard? Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben62884

Reputable
Mar 10, 2018
I was using the update software that came with my Asus Crosshair VI hero motherboard and during the update my computer crashed. And upon trying to restart the computer it will not load. The LED lights next to the ram keep flashing from Orange too white to Red over and over and over and the computer will not boot, I can't even get into the BIOS. Did this brick my board? I'm really bummed because I just got this PC set-up and it was working perfectly until I tried this stupid Asus software update that told me it was out of date. Someone please help me so I can get my computer back up and running. The postcodes also keep switching back and forth, it never stays on one set of numbers for more than half a second, it keeps scrolling through a bunch of different numbers.

Ryzen 5 1600 (stock settings)
Corsair 16gb DDR4 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO
rosewill 650 bronze PSU
Samsung 250gb m.2 ssd

ben62884

Reputable
Mar 10, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ben62884 : "Did I just brick my Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard? Plz help"

I was using the update software that came with my Asus Crosshair VI hero motherboard and during the update my computer crashed. And upon trying to restart the computer it will not load. The LED lights next to the ram keep flashing from Orange too white to Red over and over and over and the computer will not boot, I can't even get into the BIOS. Did this brick my board? I'm really bummed because I just got this PC set-up and it was working perfectly until I tried this stupid Asus software update that told me it was out of date. Someone please help me so I can get my computer back up and running. The postcodes also keep switching back and forth, it never stays on one set of numbers for more than half a second, it keeps scrolling through a bunch of different numbers.

Ryzen 5 1600 (stock settings)
Corsair 16gb DDR4 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO
rosewill 650 bronze PSU
Samsung 250gb m.2 ssd

ben62884

Reputable
Mar 10, 2018
I downloaded the newest bios update and tried flashing the BIOS with the BIOS button on the back of the motherboard and that did not work. It gave me the two flashing blue lights and then a solid light which meant it failed. So what I had to do to remedy this situation was to pull the original bios file off of the CD the motherboard came with, copy that to a USB drive and then use the BIOS flash button on the back of the motherboard and thank God that work successfully. And then upon booting the computer I thought it didn't work because I still kept gettting the green, yellow, red, and white LED lights flashing on the motherboard and then it would start all over in succession. But after doing that about 3 times it successfully booted and I was able to get into the BIOS and then made sure all the settings were correct, saved and rebooted and I was able to get back into Windows where I left off. Crossing my fingers and running the software bios update again and hoping all goes well this time. At least if it doesn't I know how to remedy at this time. I'm just posting this for anyone else who may end up going through the same problem I did.

May 21, 2019
I have the same problem. A friend (self proclaimed expert) tried to do a bios update on my Asus Crosshair VI hero and the system now fails to start and shows error code E1. I have tried flashing the bios with older versions but the light flashes twice and then stays on indicating it has failed. Another friend suggested using the original disc but I recently moved house and after searching can't find the disc. Would anyone have any ideas on how to sort the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.