[SOLVED] Did i just make a really dumb decision?

Trancestor

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
So i just instinctively and probably stupidly jumped on a really nice deal on some ram, it's 4x8 sticks of 4000mhz cl15 g.skill ripjaw v sticks " F4-4000C15Q-32GVK", previously i had 2x16 corsair vengeance 3000mhz sticks which worked fine but i heard good things about 4 sticks instead of 2 sticks specifically on my motherboard the Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro which is T-Topology. My CPU is a 9900k.
The Issue is, it would barely boot now. As i installed them it booted fine without any XMP but as i enabled XMP it would not boot at all, even after resetting bios to default.
I tried manually setting to 3600mhz (with XMP still on and changing nothing else) and it still wouldn't boot, there was no signal at all till i had to remove 2 sticks and now im with 16gb of ram instead of 32 and 2133 mhz instead of 4000...
I'm afraid to touch anything else my PC has already suffered enough reboots i think, what should i do?

Solution
I don't see the F4-4000C15Q-32GVK for your board on either the motherboard or the G.Skill memory page so I would not expect it to work easily.

Your best course of action it to either return them if you can, if not contact G.Skill support by email at ustech@gskillusa.com for settings that might work for you.

If you go back to your old memory, it may well be worth a CMOS clear before booting, then go to bios to adjust your memory and other settings to your prior baseline.

RealBeast

Titan
I don't see the F4-4000C15Q-32GVK for your board on either the motherboard or the G.Skill memory page so I would not expect it to work easily.

Your best course of action it to either return them if you can, if not contact G.Skill support by email at ustech@gskillusa.com for settings that might work for you.

If you go back to your old memory, it may well be worth a CMOS clear before booting, then go to bios to adjust your memory and other settings to your prior baseline.

Solution

Trancestor

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016

Thanks, yeah i realize now 4000mhz at cl15 with this mobo is too good to be true, i made it work at 3600mhz xmp on cl 15 and i guess i'll settle with that.