Question Did i kill my gpu?

Jul 8, 2019
So i am running a quite old gig which was prefixed (no custom parts) ..soo my pc monitor was connected to my gpu vga slot and was working fine for all these years ... i recently tried to connect it with a vga to hdmi converter to my tv
So i unplugged my monitor connected the cables (didnt work at all probably used the wrong converter) anyways i tried to connect my monitor back to my gpu and doesnt give off any signal ... connecting it to my motherboard port allows me to have image but its a lower resolution and quite laggy ... any suggestions?
SUMMARY disconected monitor, connected gpu to smart tv via converter, connected gpu back to original monitor but got no signal,connect monitor to motherboard port resulting in lower resolution ..... i am no tech guy at all so i know nothing abouy how stuff works and my pc was basically surviving on its own this whole time

Ralston18

Titan
First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Need to know what components are involved. May also need a driver update.

Second have you tried, other known working video cables?

Third, have you opened the case and checked that all internal cables, card seatings, RAM, etc.. are fully and firmly in place? Jiggling things around to connect in the convertor may have caused something to go loose. (Note: Computer may also need cleaning if that has never been done.)

Any beeps, error codes, or pop-up windows when failures occur?

Reactions: PanNnoS

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
So i am running a quite old gig which was prefixed (no custom parts) ..soo my pc monitor was connected to my gpu vga slot and was working fine for all these years ... i recently tried to connect it with a vga to hdmi converter to my tv
So i unplugged my monitor connected the cables (didnt work at all probably used the wrong converter) anyways i tried to connect my monitor back to my gpu and doesnt give off any signal ... connecting it to my motherboard port allows me to have image but its a lower resolution and quite laggy ... any suggestions?
SUMMARY disconected monitor, connected gpu to smart tv via converter, connected gpu back to original monitor but got no signal,connect monitor to motherboard port resulting in lower resolution ..... i am no tech guy at all so i know nothing abouy how stuff works and my pc was basically surviving on its own this whole time
Did you change resolution settings after connecting it to the TV?

Jul 8, 2019
First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Need to know what components are involved. May also need a driver update.

Second have you tried, other known working video cables?

Third, have you opened the case and checked that all internal cables, card seatings, RAM, etc.. are fully and firmly in place? Jiggling things around to connect in the convertor may have caused something to go loose. (Note: Computer may also need cleaning if that has never been done.)

Any beeps, error codes, or pop-up windows when failures occur?

Components drivers and in case items ? I dont know that stuff but anyways the comouter fixed itself again this morning .... after trying to close it it went on updating smth which took more than an hour and in the morning i connected it back to the gpu and everything went fine .... thx for the fast response and effort though