Question Did I make a huge mistake? (mouse related)

Oct 28, 2019
A short story before the questions that are killing me right now: my 5 year old brother somehow managed to enter my room without my supervision and among all things he sort of slammed my 7 year old Genuine HP Optical Mouse that was working perfectly up to that point, he broke the "thingy" that connects the outer plastic (the one that we press with fingers) and actual small mouse buttons (that are inside of mouse), it's a small plastic piece on inside of outer plastic of mouse thus making it impossible to press a button normally ultimately destroying my mouse for good, it was really an emotional moment for me...back then that mouse was like 10$ max but as I said it worked just fine for really long time.

My current finansial status isn't really that great as I'm struggling to "game" on Acer Aspire E15 that was bought new in 2016, so much of a PC enthusiast lol.

ANYWAY, I'm on a very low budget so I went and bought myself some cheap Omega optical mouse that was supposed to work just fine as a replacment, it was around 6-7$ but as I got home and tried it well...crap happened, the mouse just DOES NOT move "properly" on the mouse pad, it's kind of lagging, making split second stops, I just do not have full control over it's movement, tried using a sheet and it marginally improves the control over my mouse but the sheet is way too big to be used as mousepad and even smaller versions are highly unstable as they won't "stand" at one place. The thing that bugs me, both are optical, why is one of them causing me so much problems over controling it on the same mousepad that I've been using for years.

Literally any help regarding this would help me because 90% of the games I play require a steady mouse. In the end did I really just waste the money and bought a truly bad mouse?

P.S. a truly dumb but one of those if its dumb and it works its not dumb questions: is there a way for me to get something that acts as a mousepad but materials that touches the mouse is the like on sheet, because using this Omega mouse on sheet instead of my mousepad feels just okay until I move the sheet with my hand movement resulting in utter lost of control over my mouse.

And yeah terribly sorry my bad English :/

Last edited:
A short story before the questions that are killing me right now: my 5 year old brother somehow managed to enter my room without my supervision and among all things he sort of slammed my 7 year old Genuine HP Optical Mouse that was working perfectly up to that point, he broke the "thingy" that connects the outer plastic (the one that we press with fingers) and actual small mouse buttons (that are inside of mouse), it's a small plastic piece on inside of outer plastic of mouse thus making it impossible to press a button normally ultimately destroying my mouse for good, it was really an emotional moment for me...back then that mouse was like 10$ max but as I said it worked just fine for really long time.

My current finansial status isn't really that great as I'm struggling to "game" on Acer Aspire E15 that was bought new in 2016, so much of a PC enthusiast lol.

ANYWAY, I'm on a very low budget so I went and bought myself some cheap Omega optical mouse that was supposed to work just fine as a replacment, it was around 6-7$ but as I got home and tried it well...crap happened, the mouse just DOES NOT move "properly" on the mouse pad, it's kind of lagging, making split second stops, I just do not have full control over it's movement, tried using a sheet and it marginally improves the control over my mouse but the sheet is way too big to be used as mousepad and even smaller versions are highly unstable as they won't "stand" at one place. The thing that bugs me, both are optical, why is one of them causing me so much problems over controling it on the same mousepad that I've been using for years.

Literally any help regarding this would help me because 90% of the games I play require a steady mouse. In the end did I really just waste the money and bought a truly bad mouse?

P.S. a truly dumb but one of those if its dumb and it works its not dumb questions: is there a way for me to get something that acts as a mousepad but materials that touches the mouse is the like on sheet, because using this Omega mouse on sheet instead of my mousepad feels just okay until I move the sheet with my hand movement resulting in utter lost of control over my mouse.

And yeah terribly sorry my bad English :/
Piece of hard cardboard should be fine, just nothing shiny.