[SOLVED] Did I make a mistake buying a RTX 3060 Ti over a RX 6750 XT?

ajkamatoy

Reputable
Nov 13, 2018
MOBO: B450 Tomahawk
GPU: MSI Ventus 2x 3060 Ti OCV1 LHR
CPU: R5 5600X
RAM: 8x2 Corsair Vengence
PSU: Rosewill Glacier 700W

So I bought a refurbished 3060Ti from a certified seller on Ebay for $450 and I was looking at comparisons and saw that the rx6750xt performed better in many games and a little cheaper. I've read that the only advantage the 3060Ti has over the rx6750xt is that it's better at ray tracing and has dlss usage, but the opinions about it are all over the place.

My concern is that in the future I want to get a 32" 1440p monitor and I'm wondering If I should return my 3060Ti and buy a rx6750ti or just not to worry about it.

Solution

So I bought a refurbished 3060Ti from a certified seller on Ebay for $450 and I was looking at comparisons and saw that the rx6750xt performed better in many games and a little cheaper. I've read that the only advantage the 3060Ti has over the rx6750xt is that it's better at ray tracing and has dlss usage, but the opinions about it are all over the place.

My concern is that in the future I want to get a 32" 1440p monitor and I'm wondering If I should return my 3060Ti and buy a rx6750ti or just not to worry about it.
I would say not to worry about it.
DLSS is a game changer...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

I would say not to worry about it.
DLSS is a game changer but you can also use FSR on Nvidia cards so you get access to both this way.
Ray tracing is what it is, and it is very nice to look at in certain games, but not entirely all that important.
Furthermore, you get more stable drivers more often than not (especially if you stick the the Studio drivers instead of the Game Ready Drivers)
You get access to both G-Sync and FreeSync compatibility with displays.
You get access to NVENC encoder tech if you ever wanted to do some live streaming as well.
You can then overclock if you really wanted to, and you do it all with lower power requirements than the AMD cards typically with the more mid range cards like that one.

All in all there is a reason Nvidia cards tend to cost more. Nvidia cards just have more tech crammed into them that AMD cards don't have.

If saving a few bucks is the absolute most important thing to you, then by all means, attempt to get a refund and buy the AMD card instead.

But me personally I would stick with Nvidia for all it's other features. (especially that DLSS as it's going to come in clutch as games get more demanding as time goes on)

On the flip side, AMD is better suited for use with things like Linux (for now anyways)

Reactions: KyaraM
Solution