[SOLVED] Did i make a mistake buying a tempered glass case and not acrylic or plastic or metal.?

Jul 6, 2021
Bought a new tempered glass side panel a few days ago and loving it so much so far to be honest , what concerns me tho are the online reviews of people saying that Tempered glass can be easily shattered or broken or fractured etc if removed and placed back on the case a lot. And here i am TERRIFIED to play on my pc or touch it..any ideas?

Solution
Bought a new tempered glass side panel a few days ago and loving it so much so far to be honest , what concerns me tho are the online reviews of people saying that Tempered glass can be easily shattered or broken or fractured etc if removed and placed back on the case a lot. And here i am TERRIFIED to play on my pc or touch it..any ideas?

I'd rather have glass side, clearer, looks nicer. As long as someone takes normal care in handling their stuff it's fine.

To shatter the glass you will need it really hot or really cold and then go to the opposite extreme, basically you need to stick it in an over to get it really hot then under cold water.
The people that have issues with tempered glass cases aren't people that are gentle with their things

Last edited:
Reactions: USAFRet
I personally have enjoyed numbers If them and currently have the deep cool matrix 50mid tower and have taken the side off countless times to upgrade and exchange parts as long as you use rubber gloves lay it on it's side in a safe spot and never over tighten the screws to much moment the screws stop stop no more pressure needed that's the send key reason their there just take care of your things they take care of you

Jul 6, 2021
I personally have enjoyed numbers If them and currently have the deep cool matrix 50mid tower and have taken the side off countless times to upgrade and exchange parts as long as you use rubber gloves lay it on it's side in a safe spot and never over tighten the screws to much moment the screws stop stop no more pressure needed that's the send key reason their there just take care of your things they take care of you
My screws are not overtightened and i take extreme care while removing the glass and i replace it back into place as gentle as possible and i always lay the glass on its side on a soft place like a bed or a sofa when i take it off never on a hard surface. Its just that the stories of shattering and exploding glass gets to my nerves in a bad way

Reactions: white.a.drew
My screws are not overtightened and i take extreme care while removing the glass and i replace it back into place as gentle as possible and i always lay the glass on its side on a soft place like a bed or a sofa when i take it off never on a hard surface. Its just that the stories of shattering and exploding glass gets to my nerves in a bad way
No you should be good there shouldn't be much of a issue then. Like you just said no hard places and no heated places or super cool places. Temp shatter is a thing with them but only dramatic high or lower and generally instant high to cold or cold to high but a slow heat like pcs do your fine

Jul 6, 2021
No you should be good there shouldn't be much of a issue then. Like you just said no hard places and no heated places or super cool places. Temp shatter is a thing with them but only dramatic high or lower and generally instant high to cold or cold to high but a slow heat like pcs do your fine

Actually my room has an AC which just helps the ambient temp to go to the lower 20's or something or mid 20's because its always like 33C ambient or higher here , and when i wake up i turn the AC off then turn my pc on then wait until the room has became a bit warmer and then i start to game. Highest temp ever in any in my parts was 77C (my gpu) so am i good to go like that or should i stay away from the AC while gaming on my pc??

Actually my room has an AC which just helps the ambient temp to go to the lower 20's or something or mid 20's because its always like 33C ambient or higher here , and when i wake up i turn the AC off then turn my pc on then wait until the room has became a bit warmer and then i start to game. Highest temp ever in any in my parts was 77C (my gpu) so am i good to go like that or should i stay away from the AC while gaming on my pc??
your fine that wont be a issue mines actually right up against one right now

I'd rather have glass side, clearer, looks nicer. As long as someone takes normal care in handling their stuff it's fine.

To shatter the glass you will need it really hot or really cold and then go to the opposite extreme, basically you need to stick it in an over to get it really hot then under cold water.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
People say a lot of things.
A lot of them are caused by them.

Enjoy your case. Don't stress.