Did I make the wrong move?

G

Recently I have been reading alot about the ATI vs Nvidia debate. I saw great things about the 8500 and bad things. I finally decided to get an OEM version and flash the BIOS to retail. Now I am reading more and more bad things about the 8500. Less performance then a Ti500...the Ti500 will be better for future games and so on. My question is, Did I make the wrong choice by getting this Radeon 8500? If I did I might be able to RMA somehow...Any response is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Right now it wins some bnchmarks and looses some to the Ti500. Future games will support TrueForm, an ATI exclusive, that will make you games much more realistic than if you played them on the Ti500. So as time goes by the Radeon 8500 looks better.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
I own a Ti500. I've had no problems with it, the performance is great, no compatibility issues whatsoever.

However, I would NOT rma that 8500 if I were you. The 8500 and the Ti500 are BOTH great cards. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
dont worry...the R8500 is a great card.
i chose the retail R8500 over a ti500 cuz it cost me $100 less to buy the R8500 than the ti500.
another reason i chose the R8500 cuz (currently) ati only maufactures it. the ti500 has like a dozen companies making that card and i didnt want to go around sifting through website after website to find out which company makes the better ti500.
just for the record...i already know that all the gf3 cards perform very similarly.

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

eden

Champion
The 8500 IMO shows great potential unlike any card in the past, but it has been lacking because of ATI's previous whip cracking on it... Now they have began dedicating their work on drivers, and made it begin its shine. I have to admit they are now a real threat to Nvidia, as these are Beta early drivers and it yet manages to go over the Ti500 in many benches... This is a card that should be patient for, and will show us a real war in the future, for the best gaming!

TRENDING THREADS