Question Did I mess up bad?

JaymeB

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
So basically the story is, I went to buy an ssd so I don't have to use my slower hard drive anymore, and use it as some extra storage space. I was factory resseting my hard drive in order to start from scratch, and at about 97 percent my PC randomly turned off and when I turned it back on, it loaded into installing windows, and after that finished it went into the windows setup, but a problem that occured was that my mouse and keyboard were no longer working but the RGB was still turned on. I reset the computer and it says I have to insert a boot drive and press a key. So I thought I would just use a bootable usb installation of windows 10 but the light on the usb doesn't light up when plugged in, and even if it did work, how would I "press any key" as it prompts me, when my keyboard and mouse aren't working? How do I fix this? Do I have to buy a Hard Drive with windows already installed?

P.s. I've tried the keyboard and mouse on a laptop, and they both work.

Pc parts:
Xfx Rx 480
I3 6100 @3.7
EVGA 600w
H110M-A
8gb RAM

JaymeB

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
is the keyboard and mouse USB? if so windows most likely needs the USB drivers or the drivers for the devices. do other USB devices work where the keyboard and mouse did not?
They are both usb. I tried a flash drive and the light didn't show up. How would I get the drivers if I can't use the keyboard and mouse to get in?