Did i mess up something in my hardware??? desperat

daletron

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2005
This is the best way i can explain my problem... (might be long, please bare with me i'm desperate)

When i open several internet explorer windows... and maybe a different application/program or two, (doesn't matter what's open)- when i attempt to switch from page to page/page to application, or whatever.... the application or page i attempt to switch to is "unclickable".. it won't let me..

as in let's say i'm viewing this page right now in guru 3d... then i click on let's say "microsoft word" at the bottom of my screen.. it just simply won't let me switch to that program.. i have to fool around with the current screen i'm on (like scroll up and down...click everywhere anonymously) before it will let me click another application.. and sometimes it won't let me click the other page/application at all and i have to resort to "alt+tabbing" to get to another application

another example- i'll open a video from a webpage.. and i can watch the video as it opens in windows media player.. but i can't click "play pause stop" or nothing.. it just won't let me click nothing, until i keep "alt+tabbing" back and forth or click around.. THEN it will let me.

this doesn't happen every single time.. but more like 1 out of 5 times i switch from application.. which is driving me nuts

I POST THIS IN THE HARDWARE FORUM BECAUSE.....

i just reformatted.. (literally like 3 min ago) i'm clean, all i installed was the motherboard programs that are neccessary and the latest forceware drivers and it's STILL giving me this problem.........

is this a hardware problem?? if so what part?? almost every part in my computer is about 6 months old (from newegg).. and i only had this problem for about 2 weeks....

the only part of my hardware that seems a little messed up maybe the chipset(?) fan- (the small little fan in the middle of the mobo and under the video card) half the time, the fan is spinning messed up (spins then stops, spins than stops) and i have to keep messing with the fan for it to spin properly.. is this my problem??

if anyone knows any idea of what's going on.. please help me out thx

oh and just incase my specs are

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1 gig Corsair pc2700 ram
evga 6800GT vid card
western digital 100 gig HD

maybe i shouldn't use rubber bands to tie all my cords? or the twisters you get at the market? i seriously have no clue right now..

sorry for the long post

Bob369

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2005
did you happen to try another mouse? Is your mouse USB or PS2? You can also try the oppisite, if you have PS@ mouse try USB mouse and vice versa.

My PC:
Abit AX8 Socket 939 VIA K8T890
AMD Athlon 64 3200 Winchester
Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro 256 Mb PCIe
WD Raptor 37 Gb SATA
Corsair 2x512 PC3200 DDR Dual-Channel Platnium Edition

Bob369

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2005
you may also try running a memory test on your RAM or check to make sure that your page file is working corectly..

Also you can monitor how much of your memory is being used by leaving the takskmanager open why you work.

My PC:
Abit AX8 Socket 939 VIA K8T890
AMD Athlon 64 3200 Winchester
Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro 256 Mb PCIe
WD Raptor 37 Gb SATA
Corsair 2x512 PC3200 DDR Dual-Channel Platnium Edition

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
switch to a wired mouse and let it go, dude..

PS: but on the serious note, reinstall windows and DO NOT put any "nessessary" mother/father board drivers unless it is not working AT ALL (meaning: does not boot) and see if it is working, if it does, then you have SOFTWARE problem not the hardware (meaning: which it is)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

TRENDING THREADS