Did I screw up big time?

Sep 24, 2018
I just ordered a Dell 8930 and two monitors. The items are on the way, but I just noticed the monitors only have an HDMI port and a VGA port. The GTX 1060 only has one HDMI port and no VGA port. Is there any solution? I cannot live without two monitors.

Solution
The GTX 1060 should have, in addition to the HDMI port, a DVI-D port and a DisplayPort. Either one of these can be used, with an adapter, to connect to a display's HDMI port.

-Wolf sends
Sep 24, 2018

Thanks. I ordered a DVI to VGA adapter following your advice, even though it's analog, I only plan to use that monitor for icons (shortcuts and files actively in progress) leaving the main monitor as my 'workspace'. If that does not work, I'll order the alternate solution and give it a try.

Thank you!

Sep 24, 2018

Thank you for the reply! I was amazed to get two solutions so fast. I may end up going with this solution in the long-term since it's digital, depends on the quality difference or if the other solution does not work.

I appreciate the fast reply. If things change, I'll come back and update.

Wolfshadw

Titan

Ummm... I didn't say anything about VGA. As you noted, it's an analog signal and the GTX 1060 only supports digital signals (it's DVI-D, not DVI-I). a simple DVI to VGA adapter won't work. It needs to be an active converter. If the displays have both HDMI and VGA, then you should ignore the VGA and just use the HDMI port of each display.

-Wolf sends