Question Did I toast my system during an Ez Flash 3 BIOS update?

Yellowbananaman

Prominent
Mar 11, 2019
I read somewhere that I'd be smart to keep my BIOS up to date, and realized in a recent rig upgrade that my BIOS version dated back to 2015 and therefore tried updating the BIOS. I entered EzFlash 3 utility(v03.00) and chose to update "by internet".
It downloaded a file and seemed to be pretty much done, then it rebooted and opened up back in EZflash as it told it would. This is where the problem began, it then states that I have to click on the same file again (but I didn't click a file last time?). "To finish the BIOS update, you have to select the same BIOS file (.cap) again to contiinue updating the BIOS." I looked through the storage devices and couldn't find any .cap files, and therefore tried to update again through internet, where it said that I already had the latest version. I'm confused and it doesn't allow me to leave the update page either. What do I do?

I have read up some on BIOS update, and it seems that many BIOS updates can destroy your system, so I'm really getting light-headed now that I'm stuck in update mode.

Could I extract the CAP file to a USB drive and update it that way? If so, how?

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS h110I-plus d3

Last edited: