Question Did Kombustor damage VRMs?

Nov 21, 2018
I was curious about how well my fan setup cools the GPU, so installed Kombustor. I usually use Furmark or just play a game, but I figured I'd give Kombustor a try. I was running the test for less than a minute, and my GPU temp was about 73-74, so I quit the program because my temps never get that high that fast. I enabled a more aggressive fan curve in Afterburner and restarted Kombustor, and the GPU temps held at under 70 for about two minutes, but I figured I'd stop it because I noticed my clock speed was lower than usual. I'm running a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 SE at the stock speeds of 1430 for the GPU and 2100 for the memory. I've had this card for about 8 months, and it never once didn't run at 1430MHz. I have never had it hot enough to thermal throttle. This was the first time I had seen it run below 1430, so I started Superposition, because I've run that before without any problems, and my clock speeds were fluctuating between 1415-1420MHz. After uninstalling Kombustor, rebooting, and trying Superposition again, the same thing. Does it sound like I damaged a VRM on my card?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS